Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
Serve as systems liaison between the education, research, and administrative functions of the university and Business Core Systems (BCS) to help business units achieve their desired business goals. Essential Functions
- Collaborate with business partners and support one or more highly complex business processes to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Conduct data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy requirements. Contribute to and may provide direction for the business short and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals.
- Assess client needs utilizing a structured requirement process to assist in identifying business priorities and provides viable business solutions to the client. Investigate and troubleshoot client and user issues, identify technical needs, and develop recommendations for resolution.
- Provide relevant feedback and input from both a business-related and IT perspective.
- Develop, write, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Assist in business case development.
- Check for compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develop user test cases, validate test results during testing, execute test cases, and review test plans. Monitor testing process to ensure business results are adequately tested with minimal risk. Ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
- Plan and perform on-going routine application maintenance tasks.
- Partner with clients, external vendors and/or consultants to resolve issues and develop solutions.
- Creates necessary documentation for new or modified modules and test activities.
- Coach and transfer knowledge to less experienced team members.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field.
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Three (3) years of relevant technical or business work experience.Additional Qualifications Considered
Experience with SAP Payroll and Time processes and configuration in a Public Sector environment.Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE