PG192894EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant Athletic Trainer / FellowAnticipated Hiring Range:
Will change week by weekJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Athletics-Student Welfare & DevelopmentAbout the Department:
The mission of the NC State Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University. North Carolina State University competes as an NCAA Division I team in the Atlantic Coast Conference. The Sports Medicine Department is responsible for the preventative care, monitoring, and restoration of student-athlete overall health.Essential Job Duties:
Serve as an Athletic Training Fellow within the Department of Athletics for Sports Medicine. The position is responsible for assisting with the care of student-athletes, to include prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of the injured student-athletes under the supervision of the team physician for assigned sport(s). This position is anticipated to work with the Football program but Sport assignment(s) may be modified at the discretion of the Sports Medicine administrative personnel. This is a 23 month appointment with anticipated start date in Summer of 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Other Work / Responsibilities (as Requested by the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine):
- Working under the supervision and mentorship of a staff athletic trainer
- Assisting in operating and maintaining the athletic training room(s)
- Ensuring proper use of equipment and facilities by the student-athletes
- Working with the Associate Athletics Director for Sports Medicine and the Team Physician(s) in providing comprehensive healthcare to the student-athletes
- Referral to associated health care professionals when necessary
- Maintaining medical records on the student-athletes to include physical examinations and screenings, insurance information, injury evaluation and treatment records
- Attending scheduled meetings, team practices, and events, including traveling with assigned team(s) and assisting with secondary coverage as needed
- Providing emergency care when appropriate
- Assisting with maintenance of athletic training room equipment
- Assisting with annual physical examinations and drug testing programs for the student- athletes
- Document services rendered consistent with best practices
- Follow all developed departmental policies and procedures
- Administrative duties and tasks as assigned
- Monitor inventory of supplies for assigned athletic training room(s)
- Communicate with coaches regarding injured student-athletes
- Follow the NATA Code of Ethics
- Remain current on all state and national requirements for certification and licensure
- Agree to comply with NC State University, the ACC, NCAA bylaws, legislation, and mandates along with all regulatory agency statues
- Any additional duties as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for Sports Medicine
As assignedMinimum Education and Experience:
Other Required Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or bachelor’s degree from CAATE accredited ATP with experience in relevant independent instructional or educational activities.
- Experience working with football
- Must be able to lift 30-60 pounds occasionally with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Between 1-2 years of experience in either professional or collegiate athletics
- Computer competency
Valid NC Driver's License required:
- Certification by the Board of Certification (BOC) at time of hire
- Current or eligible for licensure by the North Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners at time of hire
- Current ECC certification by the American Heart Association or Professional Rescuer Certification by the American Red Cross at time of hire
- Valid NC Driver’s License or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire
YesCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
09/29/2023Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filled - anticipated start Summer 2024Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please be prepared to attach resume, cover letter and seperate document with contact information for 3 professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventDepartment ID:
106001 - Athletics-Student Welfare & DevelopmentAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.