This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the ACE Lab and the Veterans’ Center. This position is also responsible for managing all aspects of veterans’ benefits, overseeing the ACE Lab and Veterans’ program work studies and serving as sponsor for the Veteran’s Club.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides individual and group academic and career advisement to veterans and their dependents, and to students utilizing the ACE Lab.
- Maintains up-to-date information on all regulations pertaining to veteran benefits and all services that are available to veterans, e.g., scholarships, housing and medical assistance.
- Completes veteran certifications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains all records required by the VA.
- Serves as institutional veteran liaison between other veteran entities.
- Participate in veteran related community events.
- Provides supervisory oversight to Tutors and to Veteran Programs work studies.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the VRC and the ACE Lab; evaluates office operations and makes recommendations for efficiencies and maintains filing systems.
- Schedules and provides training for all ACE Lab and VRC tutors and work studies.
- Tracks data on VRC, ACE Center and Tutor utilization.
- Assists with student success goals.
- Plans and prepares program budgets, financial and all required reports and coordinates funding issues with Director of Academic and Career Planning. Monitors, maintains, initiates and approves expenditures on all budget areas under the Coordinator’s supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to manage budgets and financial record keeping Program development, administration and evaluation
- Proficient in a variety of computer software, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
- Skill in Social media management
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL FACTORS
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree and three to five years of experience in higher education is required or a combination of education and experience. Three to five years of experience in student support services, or program administration is desired.
- Experience working with minority groups, primarily Hispanic; and low-income students from diverse backgrounds; students with disabilities is desired.
- Military service and experience in veteran and dependent educational benefits and resources is desired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Luna Community College management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.