The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Postdoctoral Researcher to join our team and contribute to the advancement of rechargeable sodium-ion batteries. As a Postdoc, you will be responsible for conducting state-of-the-art first-principles and other computer simulations of sodium-based materials for battery applications. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic research environment and contribute to the development of sustainable energy storage solutions. This candidate would work and conduct research under the supervision of Assistant Professor Dr. Pieremanuele Canepa.Job Duties General Duties
1. Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
2. Recommends changes in research, testing, or experimental procedures. 3. May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
4. May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
5. Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
6. May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations. 8. Performs other job-related duties as required. Key Responsibilities:
7. Perform computer and numerical simulations of materials. 8. Read the appropriate scientific literature. 9. Collect data from numerical simulations, and perform data analysis10. Develop software/scripts to perform advanced data analysis 11. Write manuscript drafts. 12. Present data at international conferences, and invited seminars at universities and National laboratories. 13. Participate actively in the research group’s events.
Ph.D. In Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or a related field with a focus on computational materials science/chemistry. No experience is necessary.Preferred Qualifications:
· Excellent knowledge of electronic structure methods, including density-functional theory;· A deep understanding of solid-state physics/chemistry and physical chemistry in general;· Good knowledge of thermodynamics, phase diagrams, and the principles of statistical mechanics;· Scientific programming skills are desired, in particular, knowledge of the Python language;· Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux operative systems and their command line (BASH, CSH, etc.).Organization:
H0070 Electrical EngineeringEmployee Status:
Sep 29, 2023, 4:36:43 PM