Present Position Number:
FP485WRole Code Title:
Professional/Lecturer (Staff)Position Title:
Deputy Chief Diversity OfficerUnit Mission Statement:
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion spearheads the university’s diversity and inclusion work. We are committed to creating a university community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents, and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff, and students feel supported and affirmed.Position Summary:
Working closely with the Chief Diversity Officer, the Deputy Chief Diversity Officer will play a lead role in carrying out the university’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all members of the community. The position will serve as a liaison between the office and Senior Leadership in the implementation and assessment of the university’s Inclusive Excellence Plan; Chair the University Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Committee; and coordinate university programming such as the IGNITE Future Faculty Development Program and the Annual D&I Symposium. The DCDO will work closely with the university affinity groups and the Center for Student Diversity to deliver programs and services that foster human connection and a sense of belonging among faculty, staff, and students.Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or academic discipline such as higher education, student affairs, business, or comparable education and experience.
- Extensive professional and progressive leadership in diversity and inclusion work in higher education or a relevant field is required (typically over 7 years).
- Knowledge of best practices in leading institution-wide diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, alumni, community and other diverse constituent groups.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and in a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven written and oral communication skills (interpersonal and public relations skills).
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and research skills.
Advertised Pay Range:
- Strong technical and computer skills preferred (proficient in Microsoft Office, Qlik Sense, Power Bi, Canva and Adobe software).
Commensurate with experienceUniversity Salary Range:
150000 Diversity and InclusionLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Not eligibleRemote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
09/21/2023Review Begin Date:
10/21/2023Job Close Date:
10/31/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time ProfessionalFLSA:
12 Month - ContinuingConditions of Employment:
- The position will require occasional weekend work.
- This position may require additional hours beyond the typical work week, to include occasional overnight and weekend work as needed to meet the business needs of the operation.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php