Under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid & Veterans Services, manage student-facing operations, including providing superior customer service and perform administrative and technical support duties associated with the Financial Aid & Veterans Services Office while ensuring a seamless student experience.Primary Responsibilities:
Experience and Qualifications
- Perform customer service duties at the front desk including answering phones, assisting walk-ins and managing the mail inboxes to ensure timely and accurate response rates.
- Maintain a level of understanding of Financial Aid in order to be able to assist students. This includes Federal, State and Institutional regulations and policies related to the FAFSA, scholarships and loans and work-study.
- Manage the documentation collection process by reviewing financial aid documents received in the Office to ensure proper documentation and signature requirements are met, enter receipt of documents and properly route documents.
- Perform daily processing of ISIRs including running reports and ensuring records are processed in a timely manner. Also send daily notices to students informing them of their Financial Aid offers.
- Manage Financial Aid & Veterans Services student workers by facilitating the hiring of new student employees. Train, mentor and supervise student employees. Maintain student employees' schedules to ensure adequate coverage and completion of projects.
- Maintain proactive and positive relationships with multiple administrative and academic support departments.
- Update and review the Office's external scholarship website. Including posting and removing scholarship as needed.
- Maintain detailed student records. Create new student documents and folders as necessary. Maintain, update and stock forms and publications.
- Maintain staff calendars and appointments.
- Maintain Financial Aid & Veterans Services Office Policies and Procedures manual.
- Track and order supplies within the Office.
- Manage the student experience while maintaining a student-centered and student friendly office.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the mission of the University and/or as requested by the Director of Financial Aid & Veterans Services.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.Previous experience in Financial Aid preferred.Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with prospective and current students Strong interpersonal and organizational skills necessary and must be detailed oriented.Bilingual in Spanish a plus.Physical Demands:
May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.Must reach, bend, stoop, liftMust sit, walk or standSome repetitive motion may be requiredWorking Conditions:
Can be scheduled for up to 40 hours a week, including occasional evenings and weekends.Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision and values.For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity