Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer SciencePosition Number:
School of EngineeringDepartment:
Department of Computer ScienceFull-Time or Part-Time:
The DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science is pleased to invite applications for a tenure-track position in the Department of Computer Science at Hofstra University. The position is at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level and begin in Fall 2024.
- Strong candidates in all areas of computer science are encouraged to apply.
- We value faculty’s commitment to teaching and sustained research productivity.
- The academic programs in the Computer Science Department are experiencing rapid growth.
- The department offers degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity and Data Science, at undergraduate and/or masters levels.
- The research interests of the current faculty include cloud computing, high performance computer architecture, cybersecurity, AI, cognitive neuroscience, machine learning, data mining, computer vision, natural language processing, computability, logic and programming languages.
- The department is housed in the newly constructed Science & Innovation Center, which boasts state-of-the-art academic facilities.
Responsibilities include teaching, research and service duties typical for academic institutions of higher learning.
- Effective teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses
- Sustained research, publications in highly ranked journals and conferences
- Service duties include: committee work, student advisement, participation at admission and alumni events; service to the profession and the community at large.
- Applicants are expected to have completed a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field by September 1, 2024.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in an educational environment.
Please upload the following with your application for consideration:
- Cover letter indicating why Hofstra is a good fit
- Title, name, address, email and phone of three references
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching experience and philosophy
- Statement of current research interests and anticipated future research directions
- Two sample publications in a single PDF
All applications received by January 15, 2024 will receive full consideration. Inquiries should be directed to SEAS4@hofstra.edu.Deadline:
Open until filledTenure Track:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.Salary/Salary Range:
$105,000 - $125,000 and includes a competitive research start-up package