Manager, Donor Relations, Stewardship & CommunicationsRequisition Number:
Reporting to the Director for Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, the Manager, Donor Relations, Stewardship & Communications manages and oversees donor relations, advancement communications, and select advancement events. The Manager works closely with fundraising staff to advance the mission of the department to inform, engage and build investment in all internal and external constituencies. This position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive institution-wide donor relations and stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. This position requires excellent communication and collaborative skills to be applied with the advancement staff, including frontline fundraisers, and partners across the College. The Manager, Donor Relations & Communications oversees donor stewardship activities and events, and drafts written materials to aid in the institution’s efforts to educate, cultivate, recognize, and upgrade donor levels.Specific Responsibilities:
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
- In close collaboration with the fundraising team, develop a comprehensive individual and institutional giving stewardship/engagement plan for all giving levels and gift types that promotes giving upgrade.
- Coordinate and enhance benefits offered through donor recognition societies; implement programs and activities for stewardship, including lists of current members, recognition events and personalized communications.
- Create stewardship reports to educate, engage, inspire and thank top donors for their generosity; manage the production and delivery of stewardship reporting, including regular and ongoing stewardship reports, endowment reports, and other reports intended for multiple stakeholders that describe multiple fund types.
- Design and implement stewardship assessment measures for the purpose of refining and improving reports and other advancement communications; measure and analyze results of stewardship, marketing and communications outreach initiatives to determine effectiveness.
- Establish and manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, ongoing communications and continued stewardship of past and current donors to enhance their relationship with the College and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Develop, recommend and execute approved policies and procedures for a comprehensive, integrated donor relations and communications program.
- Devise and use consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors.
- Work collaboratively with the team on events: assist with event logistics and communications, compose letters, compile invitation lists, engage featured program participants, create programs and provide program materials, prepare event briefing documents, program scripts and participant remarks (as needed), and create and/or obtain awards and recognitions.
- Collaborate with events staff to implement a systematic and integrated donor relations and
- stewardship program that encompasses donor recognition events, unit celebrations, and naming dedications, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement Nselect events to ensure successful planning and execution, including the Foundation’s annual fundraising gala
- Develop event concepts, plan detailed programs, and orchestrate successful logistical arrangements to enhance donor relations program.
- Create targeted communications strategies, programs and events to steward donors, leveraging key constituencies with the goal of fostering relationships that yield additional donor investments.
- Coordinate Institutional Advancement/CCP Foundation communications; serve as a key conduit of information; and collaborate to develop communications that are targeted to donors, prospective donors and additional key constituencies.
- Prepare, conceptualize and write content for communications, annual solicitations, acknowledgments, annual reports, etc.; oversee mailing/distribution of communications materials.
- Develop a strategic annual communications and stewardship plan and calendar that enhances the outreach efforts of the department; including web-based communications (Blackbaud Net Community/Blackbaud Academic Works), direct mail, event marketing and constituent outreach.
- Draft and present donor-centered communications for the department, including the website, print and electronic materials, e-newsletter, press releases, development and public program initiatives, annual reports and speeches.
- Collect related advancement stories and data, for donor impact reports and other department communications.
- Coordinate publicity of contributions with Marketing and Communications unit on select items.
- Provide writing and editorial support, advisement and leadership for Institutional Advancement and Foundation stewardship and communications efforts, special communications, and stewardship plans and letters.
- Ensure all donors are appropriately thanked in a timely and meaningful way; plan and write acknowledgement letters on an ongoing basis for donors.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Follow and promote the ethical guidelines set forth in the Association of Donor Relations for Advancement (ADRP), the Association for Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), the CASE Donor Bill of Rights, and the CASE Ethics Guidelines.
- Stay abreast of privacy issues as the relate to Donor Relations.
- Assume additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in donor relations, stewardship, communications, and event planning, preferably within a college/university or nonprofit organization required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, familiarity with Raisers Edge or other donor database software, including events management modules.
- Excellent communications and writing skills, specifically in the areas of the email content management, donor relations and web publishing.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and high standards, including meticulous attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong ability to interact with a diverse and broad range of individuals.
- Must be creative and have excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Strong attention to detail and professionalism.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
“Success Starts Here” is our message to the Philadelphia community – and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.Our benefits include:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Special Instructions to Applicants: Interested persons should complete an online application. Salary Grade or Rank:
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. • Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
54,498.00 - 89,921.00Job Posting Open Date:
09/06/2023Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :