Office Administrative Associate, Academic RecordsRequisition Number:
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.Specific Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, requiring the use of independent judgment, initiative and decision making, provides administrative and clerical support for the Academic Records Unit. Primary responsibilities include verifying enrollment status and degree awards, processing academic transcripts, correcting and updating academic records, and processing enrollment error reports from the National Student Clearinghouse. Additionally, the employee must be knowledgeable about related College academic procedures as they impact the support of records maintenance.
- Process duplicate PIDMs (Personal Identification Master)in Banner.
- Update student PA Secure Identification information in Banner.
- Prepare and log excused withdrawal requests for review; check for holds and grades, ensure proper documentation is attached, and email students receipt of request.
- Review and process enrollment error reports from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Process online degree verification from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Provide clerical support to supervisor.
- Manage Records department email account; research and respond to emails and/or process requests, or appropriately route within the office for proper follow up.
- Ensure proper student enrollment certification and recordkeeping through daily use of computer and online systems.
- Respond to inquiries regarding academic record issues (Enrollment Services counter, phone, email, and correspondence).
- Prepare and organize work for work study students and staff, and provide training as needed.
- Process academic transcripts as needed.
- Provide assistance with grade adjustments, attendance reporting and the certification of Veterans Education Benefits as needed .
- Provide backup support for Registration counter services and Imaging Unit, as needed.
- Communicate any functional and business process issues to supervisor or appropriate administrator.
- Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an administrative or clerical support position required.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills in all media (phone, face-to-face, and email) required to effectively communicate with students, the general public, and College staff and faculty.
- Strong organizational, record keeping and time management skills required.
- Demonstrated excellence in providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders (e.g., students, parents, faculty and the general public) in person, via the telephone and via e-mail required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
- Keyboarding of 40-45 wpm required.
- Experience working with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds required.
- Full and regular attendance required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Ability to work extended hours and occasional Saturdays as needed.
- Associate degree preferred from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Prior experience working in a Banner or equivalent environment preferred.
“Success Starts Here” is our message to the Philadelphia community – and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Our benefits include:
This position is eligible for partial remote work
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
- Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Salary Grade or Rank:
$17.99 - $31.69Job Posting Open Date:
06/28/2023Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :