: Adjunct FacultySubscribe:
: Humanities & Learning CommunitiesLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Sep 29, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Adjunct FacultyRef. No.:
: ADJPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Teach one multi-level English Language Learning (ELL) course at Brighton High School (25 Warren St, Brighton, MA 02135) for Early College students during the following schedule:
- 1 to 2:25 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays from October 2023 to June 2024.
- This is a 6-credit class.
- Master's degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Education with ELL focus required for teaching ELL courses; master's degree or doctorate in a related field with core coursework in teaching English Language Learners will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Teaching experience required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Fluency or Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Experience teaching in Learning Communities a plus.
- Salary: $1,291.00 Per Credit Hour.
- Stipend: $500 for new high school partnership liaison.
- Travel expense to Brighton High School will be considered.
- Effective Date: Fall 2023 semester, open until filled.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE