Nursing-Clinical Adjunct FacultyDivision:
Main CampusJob Description:
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Nursing-Clinical Adjunct Faculty to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by being primarily responsible for supervision of clinical experiences for undergraduate nursing students and providing feedback. Collaboration with didactic faculty and course coordinator is essential to assure clinical outcomes are met. Also, reporting to the Dean of School of Nursing and Course Faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Follow and practice within the accepted standards regulating the practice of nursing.
- Supports overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program.
- Supervises students during clinical experiences utilizing clinical learning outcomes.
- Communicates with didactic faculty and/or course coordinator to coordinate didactic and clinical learning.
- Communicates with didactic faculty and/or course coordinator regarding student performance.
- Promotes positive relationships among Marian University community, nursing students and the clinical learning facility personnel.
- Evaluates and completes forms regarding student’s clinical performance and associated written assignments. Provides written and verbal feedback to students.
- Notifies course coordinator, students and clinical personnel of change of scheduling, i.e. snow days.
- Clinical areas may include: Adult Health, Mental Health, OB, Pediatrics, Fundamentals, Assessment, Leadership
- Master of Science degree in Nursing with specialization appropriate to area of responsibility, or documentation of working on Master’s Degree. BSN with three (3) years’ recent clinical experience will be taken into consideration
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Indiana.
- Current BLS certificate.
- Experience for at least 2 years in the practice of nursing.
- Maintaining membership and active participation in professional nursing associations is desirable.
- Able to commit to one day per week during semester (August start or January start).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Posting Number:
P015ANumber of Vacancies:
2Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Advertising Summary:
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 40 national titlesQuicklink for Posting: