Coordinator of Wellness Programs (Part-Time)Job Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a part-time Coordinator of Wellness Programs to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by maintaining wellness programs and activities for student populations of the graduate health professions, including the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), and Master of Biomedical Science (BMS) academic programs. Reporting to the Director of Student Leadership and Wellness Programs, this position will partner with student leaders as well as various colleagues from across campus in providing a variety of support initiatives and services, such as the annual Wellness 5K, Fit Fridays, Mental Health Wednesdays, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the student-run Wellness League in planning and organizing wellness programs consistent with the interests and needs of students.
- In conjunction with the Director, facilitate wellness workshops and sessions for health professions students in areas such as physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, environmental and financial wellness.
- Promote the recurring well-being inventory tool, known as the Well-Being Index, for all health professions students.
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Intramural Sports and Wellness Programs in collaborative wellness initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Director, manage graduate student engagement platform, CONNECT.
- Regularly communicate with the Health Professions students on events, resources and important information related to wellness.
- Support the Office of Student Affairs, as needed, in the planning and implementation of orientation, graduation and other major milestone events.
- Occasional administrative tasks (financial processing, paperwork processing, etc.) may be assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Student Leadership & Wellness Programs Director.
- Qualified applicants will be expected to increase the quality of wellness program offerings to current health professions students.
- Qualified applicants will promote and contribute to MU-COM’s commitment to holistic wellness for the College of Osteopathic Medicine faculty, staff, and students.
- Qualified applicants will excel in a collaborative and team-centered environment.
- Through wellness programming initiatives a qualified applicant will display/instill commitment to organizational goals.
- College degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external groups.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission and values of Marian University.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P264SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: