Coordinator of K-12 School Engagement and University EventsJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking an Coordinator of K-12 School Engagement and University Events to promote our Catholic Franciscan Mission and Identity by providing exceptional service to students, faculty, and staff by acting as the primary point of contact for all communication school engagement. Having primary responsibilities for the planning and execution of administrative details related to summer programs and related activities for K-12 students during the academic year in collaboration with the program providers.
The Coordinator of K-12 Engagement and University Event is responsible for working with members of the campus community and with external clients to manage the detailed administrative duties required for the planning and execution of university sponsored and external events for K-12 students, families and their schools or agencies, in collaboration with the Director of K-12 Schools and Community Programs, the Director of University Engagement and Events and the Executive Director of University Engagement and Events.
The Coordinator of K-12 Schools Engagement and University Events will be responsible, in collaboration with campus partners, for planning, managing and executing Marian University’s K-12 summer camps and all year programs, events and engagement activities. The Coordinator is responsible for learning, understanding, and assisting the Director of K-12 School and Community Programs with all aspects of data management within CampMinder, the university’s payment and registration platform for K-12 summer camps and all-year programs.
The Coordinator of K-12 University Engagement and Events is a self-starter with exceptional organizational skills. The Coordinator needs to be detail-oriented and have a service mindset. This person must have the ability to represent Marian University in a positive and professional way to diverse populations, and to coordinate across departments and divisions and work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Assist the Director of K-12 School and Community Programs, Executive Director of University Engagement and Events and the Director of University Engagement and Events with the implementation of a strategic plan to maximize revenue for summer camps and conferences, both those sponsorship by Marian University and by outside groups.
- Maintain communication between campus operations departments to ensure the success of events and good stewardship of university resources.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of K-12 Programs, Executive Director of University Engagement and Events and the Director of University Engagement and Events,
- Support the Director of K-12 School and Community Programs to execute the communications strategy, including newsletters, social media and online presence for K-12 events, programs, and community programs.
- Support the Director of K-12 School and Community Programs with coordination of the annual calendar for summer programming and support timely planning by program directors.
- Serve as or schedule “event host” for K-12 events on Marian’s Indianapolis campus at Allison Mansion, Evans Center or other campus facilities and prepare event summary for host, communicating all event logistics and expectations.
- Coordinate all administrative details for summer programs/camps including confirmation of daily agendas, housing updates, and dining needs for each group. Serve as point of contact for groups during their time on campus.
- Prepare detailed K-12 event contracts in collaboration with Director of University Engagement and Events for all K-12 events on Marian’s Indianapolis and Ancilla campuses.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Adheres to Marian University’s policies and procedures.
- Shows courtesy and respect in interaction with fellow employees, students subordinates, and supervisors.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about Department issues.
- Meets department productivity standards
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and systems.
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the university’s strategic goals.
- Adheres to the department budget.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To be qualified for this position the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with experience serving and working with K-12 students. Preference will be given to those with campus and conferences experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to applyPhysical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, equipment, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
P372SOpen Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: