Executive Administrative AssistantJob Description:
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing a high-level administrative support to the Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine, the Senior Vice President of Health Professions, and other senior administrative staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Provides a high-level administrative support to the Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine, the Senior Vice President of Health Professions, and other senior administrative staff.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for executive and guests of MU and COM.
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executive, taking notes, and recording accurate minutes.
- Receives incoming communication or memo on behalf of senior staff, review contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Files and retrieves records, documents, and reports.
- Research and collect data to prepare documents for review and presentation by senior executives.
- Assists with budgetary management including but not limited to creating monthly credit card reports, creating purchase orders, and invoices, and reconciling discrepancies.
- Recruits, interviews, and trains other administrative staff in the department.
- Greets visitors and decides if they should meet with executive.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties are assigned.
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree in business administrative or related field preferred
- At least four years or related experience required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- A proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision making skills
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of office administrative, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Able to type minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to applyPhysical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, equipment, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
P373SOpen Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: