Structured Literacy SupervisorJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a Structure Literacy Supervisor to promote our Catholic Franciscan Mission and Identity by providing exceptional service to students, faculty, and staff by acting as the primary point of contact for all communication for Structured Literacy Supervisor. Providing exceptional service to students, faculty, and staff by acting as the primary point of contact for all communication for the Academic Commons. Supporting pre-service teachers in the field who are earning their elementary or special education degree.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Professor of Literacy to align feedback and coaching with content learned within the course.
- Provide feedback on lesson plans written by pre-service teachers.
- Observe and provide coaching support to pre-service teachers before and after delivery of lessons.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, ideology, religion, national origin, and other areas of diversity
- Five or more years of teaching experience.
- Previous literacy coaching experience in an elementary school.
- Experience teaching and/or supporting teachers in a structured literacy curriculum.
- Strong communication skills
- Must have knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Familiarity with Canvas is beneficial.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P370SOpen Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: