Financial Aid CounselorDepartment:
Enrollment Management and MarketingSupervisor Title:
Director of Financial AidStatus:
Full Time RegularPosition Summary:
Provides processing and customer service support for the Office of Financial Aid to ensure that all students, staff, faculty, and community are well served and in a timely manner.Description of Key Responsibilities:
All members of the financial aid team are cross-trained to provide the following support to the office’s function. The depth and extent of time each member will individually perform each duty, will be determined based on business needs and an ongoing evaluation of workload and team functions. Among this position duties, each team member will have a set of core functions for which they serve a primary role, but also be able to support other constituencies as needed at peak times of the cycle.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Offer exceptional customer service in a timely and accurate manner to current students, prospective students, parents, and guiding them through the financial aid process.
2. Serves as primary point of contact for current and prospective students.
3. Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, and indebtedness.
4. Stays up to date on financial aid information by attending financial aid workshops and webinars.
5. Works with the Enrollment Management and Marketing division and other offices on student recruitment as it relates to the financial aid process. This includes participating in events on and off campus.
6. Engage in inclusive professional behavior that enables the achievement of individual work responsibilities while fully and positively supporting the dynamics and progress of the financial aid team.
7. Demonstrate and reflect an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of North Central College.
8. Programmatic responsibility as assigned.
9. Other job-related duties as assigned.
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the College’s mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College’s Strategic Plan.
2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement.
3. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
1. General knowledge of state and federal financial aid regulationsDistinguishing Characteristics:
2. Strong written and verbal communications with proven ability to maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external constituents in order to provide support for the office and the students it serves required.
3. Ability to quickly grasp knowledge of the College organization and operation, both administratively and academically, relating to financial aid.
4. Ability to deal with several tasks and work with a large number of individuals concurrently, often without direct supervision. This requires a person who is well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to effectively prioritize tasks.
The Financial Aid Counselor in the Office of Financial Aid must be able to interact with students, their families, and other internal and external college community members while continuously providing a high level of service and positive interaction.Education/Training:
A successful applicant must possess exceptional communication and customer service skills, a bachelor’s degree, at least one year of financial aid experience, and should understand and support the mission and core values at North Central College.
A bachelor’s degree is required.Experience:
At least one year experience in student financial aid administration or higher education administration.Is This a Temporary Position?:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College’s background screening process.Number of Vacancies:
If you are hired, in accordance with College policy and the State of Illinois Executive Order 2021-20 “and subsequent continuations”, we will require you to provide proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. Those who remain unvaccinated must participate in weekly COVID-19 testing as a condition of employment.
For more information about the College’s vaccine expectation along with other helpful information regarding the College’s current health and safety protocols—go to covid.northcentralcollege.edu/health
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Applicants who would enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply.Additional Information: