Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
000028NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
University Program Specialist - ContributingWorking Title:
University Program SpecialistSalary Range:
$39,282 - $48,012Anticipate Hiring Range:
$39,282 - $44,000FLSA Status:
College of Business (Col)Work Unit:
College of BusinessWork Schedule:
9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours required, as necessary. A hybrid work schedule is available for this position.Primary Purpose of Position:
The position includes providing advice, consultation, and administrative functions for the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate (CKCRE) and the Master of Science in Real Estate (MSRE) program. The Program Manager assists in budgeting, consulting, and promoting on behalf of the assigned programs/projects. This role requires participating in data assembly, analyzing results, and utilizing the results to coordinate procedures which serve to meet the program and/or organizational strategic plan. Establishing and maintaining business relationships as well participating in the role of program liaison is required in this position. Administrative tasks include coordinating, scheduling, and supervising meetings, events, and travel for the Director of the CKCRE and the MSRE program. This role requires substantial tasks in marketing and promoting the programs to potential students and the community at large.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:Essential Job Duties:
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from a four-year college or university and one year of program associate experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The University Program Specialist for the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate in the Belk College of Business acts as a liaison between College-level staff, student, administration and faculty, to fulfill the needs of the Center. This position is expected to support the administrative needs of the Center’s director, advisory board, affiliated faculty, and students by working directly with vendors, business connections, guests, and College personnel. This position provides administrative support and serves as the office manager for the Childress-Klein Center for Real Estate. Administrative tasks include coordinating, scheduling, and supervising meetings, events, travel, and purchasing, as well as maintaining office equipment.Other Work Responsibilities:
The University Program Specialist is responsible for managing the Center’s main phone line and email inbox. In addition, the University Program Specialist will be responsible for greeting visitors, such as faculty, staff, current and prospective students, community members, and other stakeholders, as needed.
The University Program Specialist is responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships with key University personnel. In particular, this person works very closely with the Belk College External Relations and Finance and Personnel teams, as well as with Dubois Center staff.
This position administers on-site and off-site programs and events, including:
- scheduling meetings and rooms
- arranging and ordering catering
- editing and printing materials
- ordering supplies and materials
- coordinating day-of-event logistics
- providing client and faculty support
In all aspects of the job, the University Program Specialist position involves providing timely and accurate information and is often required to creatively pursue answers to questions on a wide range of topics.
The University Program Specialist assists in budgeting, purchasing, communication (oral, written, web), and project management related to the Childress Klein Center for Real Estate.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-motivated, with previous experience in a position that involved making informed decisions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capability in coordinating a wide variety of projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Ability to deliver high-quality customer service.
- Ability to manage priorities and requests from multiple constituencies.
- Prior administrative support and/or customer service experience.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures in the area of purchasing and travel.
- Prior events coordination experience.Level of education and relevance to the position
- Prior experience working in higher education.
- Level of experience with enterprise systems.
- Prior events coordination experience.
- Level of experience with enterprise systems.
- Skills assessment results.
Dubois Center with some work at the Main CampusPosting date:
10/11/2023Proposed Hire Date:
10/23/2023Special Notes to Applicants:
UNC Charlotte Benefits Information: https://hr.charlotte.edu/benefits
The finalist will be subject to a Criminal Background Check.
* The Search Committee will not contact references without first verifying permission with the finalist.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and education are listed on your application.
* Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
* Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
* These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and professional experience.
This position is being reopened to attract a larger candidate pool. If you have already applied for this position you do not need to reapply as your application is still valid.