Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department. Rank and compensation will be based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.About the School of Social Work
The School of Social Work offers on campus BSW and MSW degrees, an online BSW degree, and an online Master in Health Administration to more than 700 students. The School of Social Work offers a highly supportive, collegial and friendly academic culture. There are special opportunities for collaborations with highly regarded, local, health and educational entities such as the Cincinnati Public Schools, the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs, and UC Health as well as over 200 social service and behavioral health care agencies in the Greater Cincinnati area. The School of Social Work includes a Child Welfare IV-E program, a Pupil License Certification for School Social Work, the James E. Gruber Endowed Fund for Aging Education which supports programming for interprofessional education in gerontological practice, and a robust study abroad program at the BSW and MSW levels. Within the School of Social Work, there are several collaborations with the College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services, as well as the Colleges of Nursing, Pharmacy and Medicine. Job Overview
The School of Social Work at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for two 12-month Educator-track faculty positions (in person instruction) with rank commensurate with education and experience for summer or fall 2024. The faculty members will contribute to the department’s teaching and service missions. Essential Functions
- This position is primarily responsible for teaching and service to the Bachelor and Master of Social Work, School of Social Work and College of Allied Health Sciences.
- Teaching and service responsibilities include, but are not limited to, course development, primary instruction of courses using face to face (during the day and/or evening) and online delivery modalities; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by the Director.
- While student instruction is central to this position, service activities are also required consistent with the missions and faculty evaluative criteria of the University, College, and School.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Masters in Social Work (MSW).
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Minimum of 2 years post MSW practice experience.
- Experience teaching social work courses at the undergraduate or graduate level using both face-to-face and online delivery modalities.
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems.
- Strong background in advising and mentoring students.
- Strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving, conflict management, and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to assist with tasks assigned by Department Chair.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- DSW, PhD in social work.
- Experience teaching practice courses.
- Experience with online course development and delivery.
- Familiarity with CSWE competencies.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
- Experience with First-Year Experience (FYE) programs.
- Demonstrated student mentorship experience.
- Knowledge of Quality Matters and experience in applying the QM rubric.
Please submit an online application. Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter describing qualifications and interest in the position.
- Current CV.
- Statement of teaching philosophy.
- A list of at least three professional references with contact information.
Please use the ‘Additional Documents’ option as needed for these documents.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE