Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.About the Department
The College of Education, Criminal Justice, Human Services, and Information Technology (CECH), at the University of Cincinnati, is dedicated to making a difference in diverse communities through outreach, academic programs, and community partnerships. Our students, faculty and staff work side-by-side with educators, athletic directors, community wellness experts, information technology and cybersecurity analysts, and local, state and federal law enforcement officials. We value experiential learning as an important element of our degree programs. Current research is incorporated into every course to ensure our graduates are prepared to address the most urgent challenges of our society. Job Overview
Under general supervision of the Associate Director of Marketing & Publications, this position will play a crucial role in enhancing the online presence of the college through the development and implementation of a comprehensive digital marketing plan and content strategies. It will consist of writing, curating, creating engaging content, and compelling copy for various mediums including articles, emails, blog posts, social media posts, videos, infographics, and podcasts that highlights the college's achievements, research, initiatives, and impact. The responsibilities will also include managing and optimizing social media platforms, conducting research and interviews, collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop marketing campaigns, and analyzing website and social media analytics to optimize digital strategies.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with the option of up to 2 remote working days per week upon completion of the training period. Residence must be within the Cincinnati Tri-State area (OH/IN/KY) with reasonable distance to campus to have the ability to report to campus as required. Remote work arrangements are subject to change in accordance with university policies.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Standard Days Worked: M-F Essential Functions
Type of Appointment: Full-Time (12 Months)
Work Location: Hybrid. Office location is 336 Teachers-Dyer Complex.
- Create content for distribution across multiple channels, including websites, marketing collateral and social media.
- Review, copyedit, approve, and publish digital content.
- Enforce the university’s web style guide, and advocate for the CMS.
- Serve as a resource for standards, best practices and guidelines around brand, visual identity, information architecture, content, and accessibility. Assist with strategies for keeping content fresh and dynamic.
- Lead accessibility education programs and best practices for university’s content management authors.
- Work closely with university’s technical support team to ensure accessibility, functionality and performance of university’s digital platforms, specifically ensuring compliance with sections 504 and 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Offer frontline Adobe AEM CMS support and training to web content editors.
- Centralized positions may act as the liaison between the central Digital Communications team and positions with decentralized responsibility for editing web pages. May coordinate the university’s digital editorial calendar.
- May manage the university’s selected content management system.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- One (1) year of experience related to content creation, web content management, social media management, or marketing communications.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Application Process
- Experience in developing and implementing digital marketing plans to enhance the college's online presence.
- Ability to find and develop stories that represent the authentic experiences of diverse communities.
- Proven experience in digital marketing with a focus on creating engaging content.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and digital analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics etc).
- Experience with conducting thorough research and interviews.
- Experience in building websites in a responsive way (mobile, tablet etc.) to drive web strategy, conduct user testing, and/or analytical research to advance initiatives.
- Experience with SEO writing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work well in a team environment and across departments
- Ability to master digital tools and platforms used for content creation and publication
- Ability to work effectively with visual content
- Highly developed attention to detail
Please complete an online application. This job requires submission of:
- Content portfolio
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $55,000 - $58,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.