Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
Manage a team of junior and senior IT professionals, responsible for the ongoing performance, availability and security of the university’s IT services. Collaborate with university units and IT partners to develop, maintain and implement solutions that address the organization’s current and future needs.Essential Functions
- Manage multiple, moderate projects; coordinating resources, timetables, delegation of work assignments, reviewing work and results for staff being managed.
- Coordinate efforts across teams inside DTS@UC, at UC, and with external partners; participate in peer knowledge sharing groups; develop technical solutions when necessary.
- Serve as expert resource to others and serve on committees and project teams; work as a hands-on Administrator with management/supervisory responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Sr. IT management to implement disaster recovery and business continuity efforts.
- Maintain documentation relating to the services provided by the department.
- Define and lead troubleshooting processes during and outside of normal business hours and participate in change management and root cause analysis.
- Assist Sr. IT Management and the business office in the annual (as well as ongoing) budget planning and departmental budget analysis to developing rates for departmental services and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Create, promote and nurture a work environment committed to equitable practices, celebrating diversity and embracing inclusion.
- May implement processes and procedures on how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and resolved; distribute communication of appropriate information to staff related to department and university issues and activities.
- Ensure compliance with all university security-related policies and practices as they apply to the person's specific role within the organization.
- Evaluate new information systems products or services and suggest changes to existing products or service to better aid the end user.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Eight (8) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Valid driver's licenseRequired Experience
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Four (4) years relevant experience.
- Previous supervision experience.
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Management experience or senior/lead technical experience in the field of information security operations.
- CISSP, CISM, GISP or similar information security certification(s).
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $80,000 - $90,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.