Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s doctors are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Family Medicine is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching, and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
The Department of Family and Community Medicine is recruiting an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join the Division of Palliative Medicine. The Palliative Care Team is continuing to grow to achieve their mission of providing exceptional palliative care for patients with life-limiting and terminal conditions throughout the University of Cincinnati Health system. They are seeking a clinical APP to provide both inpatient and outpatient services, primarily at University of Cincinnati Medical Center (UCMC) and contribute to the College of Medicine’s Tripartite mission in the field of Palliative Medicine.Essential Functions
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary palliative care team to provide evidence-based palliative care services in both the inpatient and outpatient setting at UCMC.
- Collaborate with the attending palliative care physician on clinical cases and/or seek supervision/joint visits when felt necessary by either the APP or attending physician.
- Participate in UC Health palliative care expansion initiatives.
- Give lectures and/or participate in the educational mission of the Division.
- Provide education and serve as a resource for nursing staff and healthcare providers in area of clinical expertise.
- Participation in Team Wellness and Remembrance activities.
- Attend palliative care team and departmental meetings.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives within the clinical sites.
- Serve on hospital, departmental or divisional committees.
For Nurse Practitioner:
- Master’s or Doctorate degree from accredited nursing program.
For Physician Assistant:
- Master’s degree from an accredited PA program.
For Nurse Practitioner:
- Active NP license in the state of Ohio AND active Board Certification as an NP.
For Physician Assistant:
- Active PA license in the State of Ohio AND active PA board certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Minimum of three (3) years APP experience or completion of an APP Palliative Care fellowship. Additional Qualifications Considered
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - OftenRepetitive hand motion (such as typing) - OftenHearing, listening - OftenTalking - OftenStanding - OftenWalking - OftenBending - SeldomStooping - SeldomKneeling, squatting - SeldomReaching overhead - SeldomPulling, pushing - SeldomCompensation and Benefits
- Prior experience in palliative medicine is ideal.
- In the absence of palliative medicine experience, experience caring for patients in the inpatient, intensive care unit, oncology, or hospice settings are ideal.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE