Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
The University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Hoxworth Blood Center, is recruiting for a full-time (100% FTE) Assistant Director, to ensure constant and direct regulatory oversight and operational continuity over the component manufacturing and distribution laboratories: Component Production Laboratory and Department of Product Management.Essential Functions
- Provide leadership and expertise with emphasis on the manufacturing of several different blood and blood component lines as safe, pure and potent.
- Direct the technical operations of the laboratory to assure uninterrupted delivery of laboratory services.
- Direct all aspects of component manufacturing utilizing innovative laboratory equipment, software and industry practices that meets the needs of clinical hospital patients.
- Provide blood and blood component customer service and distributions to over 24 associated labs and regional transfusion services.
- Ensure departmental processes, procedures, manufacturing, and distribution activities are compliant with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards.
- Develop and manage contracts, bids, software licenses, and standing resource orders.
- Develop and manage annual budget and monitor monthly expenses and revenues.
- Develop and manage the training and education of selected transfusion service technologists, bachelor/master degreed students, and post-doctoral physicians/scientists.
- Determine necessity to contact Division Director or Medical Director in emergency situations.
- Support Hoxworth Blood Center’s safety, cGMP and Quality Plan.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description may be changed at any time.
Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science or related field. Required Experience
Five (5) years of experience in the areas of blood and blood component manufacturing, clinical components for transfusion and quality control testing, and/or transfusion service.Additional Qualifications Considered
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - ContinuouslyRepetitive hand motion (such as typing) - ContinuouslyHearing, listening - ContinuouslyTalking - ContinuouslyStanding - OftenWalking - OftenBending - OftenStooping - SeldomClimbing stairs/ladders - SeldomKneeling, squatting - SeldomCrawling - SeldomCrouching - SeldomReaching overhead - SeldomPulling, pushing - SeldomLifting - up to 20 pounds - SeldomCompensation and Benefits
- Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience managing employee, teams, or assets.
- MT/MLS (ASCP) certification or equivalent laboratory certification.
- SBB (ASCP) certification.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE