Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified faculty roles will be filled. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
About the College of Cooperative Education and Professional Studies, CCPSAt the University of Cincinnati’s (UC) College of Cooperative Education and Professional Studies (CCPS)
, we believe that experiential learning and career education are essential components of higher education. In support of this, we develop and deliver innovative, high-impact courses, programs, and services that foster students’ personal and professional development as dynamic, thoughtful, global citizens. Within a thriving culture of collaboration, we provide students, employers, and partners a single point of contact for Cooperative Education (Co-op) and transition-to-career services. Cooperative Education and Professional Studies (CCPS) faculty and staff are proud to say that our contributions have earned UC the distinction of being U.S. News and World Report’s (2023)
#1 public university for Co-ops and Internships. Faculty and staff within CCPS carry out our mission and vision in alignment with the values of Respect, Equity & Inclusion, Service, Innovation and Excellence, Integrity, and Professional Development.Job Overview
The College of Cooperative Education and Professional Studies, CCPS, has varying adjunct needs to support the following CCPS Departments: Information Technology (IT) Co-op, Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) Co-op, Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP) Co-op, Multidisciplinary Career Education, Professional Studies and Experiential Learning, and Cincinnati Talent Acceleration Program (CTAP). CCPS is accepting applications for one or more term adjunct faculty. Adjuncts in CCPS may be responsible for teaching, professional practice instruction, and/or co-op advising.Essential Functions
- On a part-time basis, conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- May serve as a faculty adviser for students and evaluate student coursework and provide professional practice instruction.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students unfamiliar with a subject.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Master's degreeAdditional Qualifications Considered
- Demonstrated organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Effectiveness in interpersonal relationships and the ability to work harmoniously with a variety of interest groups.
- Ability to use Windows-based office software products.
Please complete the online application and include the following documents:
- Cover letter that includes your areas of expertise and how your past experiences support that. Please identify which CCPS Department(s) you have an interest in supporting.
Please use the Additional Documents feature as needed for these items. Transcripts will be required at the time of hire and are not required to be submitted with this application.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE