Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s doctors and faculty are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Internal Medicine is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching, and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology is currently accepting applications for a full-time faculty candidate at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level. This recruitment is part of a significant investment made under the stewardship of Dr. John C. Byrd, Chairman of Medicine, to serve our academic mission and to achieve NCI-designation.
The Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine was founded by Dr. Evelyn V. Hess in 1964 to provide outstanding clinical care to patients with rheumatic diseases, to train future rheumatologists to deliver the same care, and to advance the understanding of the etiology, pathogenesis, and treatment of all rheumatic diseases but in particular systemic lupus erythematosus. Essential Functions
This opportunity provides the ability to work in a collaborative manner within and across divisions and departments in the medical center. Locations include UCMC Hospital and Hoxworth Ambulatory Center, and UC Health Physician offices at Midtown , White Oak Faculty and the West Chester Campus.
- The individual selected will have patient care responsibilities including, but not limited to rheumatology outpatient clinic and rheumatology inpatient hospital services and consults.
- The individual will share weekend/holiday/night call in accordance with division policies.
- This position also includes teaching and training learners at multiple levels in the education process focused in the area of clinical rheumatology.
- The teaching mission includes precepting fellows, residents and/or medical students in ambulatory and inpatient settings, as well as providing lectures or leading small group discussions.
- Research activity is not required for this position.
- Other responsibilities include attending and participating in departmental and divisional meetings and conferences.
Compensation and Benefits
- MD/DO or foreign equivalent
- Ohio Medical License
- Completion of three year Internal Medicine Residency
- Completion of two year Rheumatology Fellowship
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Rheumatology
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE