Executive Director Of Secondary Education Partnerships and initiativesAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Associate Provost-Academic FoundationsProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective staff member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.eduSUMMARY:
The Executive Director of Secondary Education Partnerships and Initiatives reports to the Senior Vice-Provost and will provide active and visionary leadership ensuring excellence in dual credit and related programs at Texas A&M University-Commerce. The Executive Director under the supervision of the Senior Vice-Provost will work to ensure effective operation of the university’s dual credit and related programs by:DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outreach to potential new dual credit partners, continued cultivation and strengthening of existing dual credit relationships. Create, maintain, and update partnership agreements.
- Outreach to area schools to establish and promote degree pathways and articulation agreements with ECHS, traditional dual credit, CTE and PTECH programs not affiliated with the University through dual credit partnership.
- Collaboration with the Graduate School to develop partnerships with area school districts to provide graduate instruction to develop qualified dual credit instructors.
- Collaboration with colleges and departments in developing appropriate course rotations, ensuring instructional quality and rigor of offerings/rotations for dual credit at partner schools.
- Maintain program excellence and integrity through intentional innovation, and compliance with local, state, and accreditor policies and expectations.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the number of dual credit partnership students who pursue their baccalaureate degree at A&M-Commerce.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Master’s degree in education or related field OR a master’s degree in a field within the A&M-Commerce Core Curriculum.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Five years public school administrative experience. Understanding of various dual credit models, i.e. traditional dual credit, concurrent enrollment, P-TECH, and ECHS. Familiarity with area school districts. Experience working with dual credit providers, dual credit students, and their families. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Public school teaching certificate (any field) and public-school counselor or principal certification (or higher). Valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements:
- Other Requirements: Some weekend and evening hours required. Based in Commerce, TX but may require travel to off campus sites or other locations as needed.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Seven years public school administrative experience.
- Experience establishing, implementing, or leading P-Tech programs in a public or charter school setting.
- Familiarity with TEA and THECB regulations governing dual credit.
- Understanding of SACSCOC accreditation expectations for dual credit instructors.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.