SIS Applications PL/SQL Developer IIIAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Technology ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective staff member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
Texas A&M University - Commerce is seeking a Software Applications Developer I who will provide technical support on the Banner Student Information System, primarily supporting the Student Module of the Banner ERP and the associated systems. The ideal candidate will have good technical programming experience with a strong SQL/ PL/SQL background, is detailed-oriented, and have good communication and troubleshooting skills; have the ability to work well in a varied team environment, have the ability to handle various task assignments with the priorities related to the student information system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application Design, Development, and Testing - Consult with users to define application requirements, identify programming and output needs, and verify preliminary design and output for the Banner ERP and its associated modules (Student, Student AR, Financial Aid, Self-Service Banner (SSB) and Banner Forms (INB).
- Recommend technical and procedural design for new or revised applications including flow charts, system specifications, programming guidelines, and code review.
- Primarily using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, review, modify and/or write program code as needed to maintain the Banner and enhance the effectiveness of the Banner ERP.
- Form relationships with TAMUC Functional users, being their primary contact for all ERP and associated system issues, process updates and tickets. Assist other employees in resolving certain technical problems. Confer with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters. Provide more advanced technical support for the customer. Research problems and recommend solutions. Provide resource estimates and progress reports. Serve on committees to develop technical standards and direction. Meet with University customers and technical staff to determine information needs and requirements. Ensure that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.,
- Support the associated SIS applications, including Degreeworks, WebFOCUS, Apply Texas, TargetX, etc.
- Problem Resolution and Analysis - Resolve problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and production outputs to identify causes, solutions, and/or make appropriate referrals.
- Customer Support - Answer questions and provide technical assistance and/or training to application users. Creating and resolving existing tickets as needed.
- Documentation - Write documentation of system procedures and guidelines for application users, as well as programs and program modifications.
- Professional Development - Participate in training and professional development sessions. Performs other duties as assigned. Create and maintain membership accounts with Ellucian and Texas Connection Consortium (TCC) to stay abreast of changes impacting the Banner ERP and associated systems as well as participate in testing for associated patches and upgrades. Attend occasional vendor conferences to stay abreast of product enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: 5 years of experience. The candidate must have work experience either through professional work experience or internship. Also requires knowledge of Oracle SQL and or PL/SQL programming language, Relational Database Management Systems, Unix/Linux operating systems and shell scripting languages. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Prefer 2 years of experience in higher education
Prefer Knowledge of one or more Ellucian Banner ERP software modules, e.g. Student, Student AR, or Financial Aid.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student workers, graduate assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.