Medical Assistant (Open Rank) - Family Medicine, Landmark - 31342 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Community Practice Job Title: Medical Assistant (Open Rank) - Family Medicine, Landmark Position #: 00816342 – Requisition #: 31342 Job Summary:
Calling all Medical Assistants and Certified Medical Assistants! Our busy clinics are recruiting! We need your training and skills to help our clinic run smoothly, providing our patients with top-notch quality care. Key Responsibilities:
Work Location: Onsite
- Accurately rooms patients, obtain & records vital signs, patient history, and reason for seeking care.
- Accurately processes and records telephone messages in patient medical records according to policy.
- Assists in preparing prescription refills for providers and according to policy.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, written and verbal.
- Communicates effectively and in an attentive manner with every patient encounter.
- Verifies patient's understanding of the purpose of the visit.
- Accurately documents all care provided and procedures performed within the patient's medical record.
– this role is expected to work onsite in Denver, CO. Why Join Us:
As a CU Anschutz employee, you are afforded benefits that are hard to find elsewhere! Our tuition assistance benefit can help grow your career, providing employees up to 9 eligible credits per academic year on any CU campus for qualified undergraduate and graduate courses. Add to that exceptional Paid Time Off, including 22 Vacation Days, 15 Sick Days, and 10 Holidays!
To see more, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Medical Assistant:
Certified Medical Assistant:
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant program OR one year of medical assistant work experience.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant program
- One year of medical assistant work experience.
- Current CMA certification (i.e. AAMA, NCCT).
Conditions of Employment:
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience with EPIC.
- Experience with Kronos.
- Experience with HealthStream.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross healthcare provider-level CPR certification.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications for the position.
- Must be able to work in person.
- Must be able to travel to alternate locations as assigned.
How to Apply:
- Strong organizational and personal skills.
- Strong medical terminology knowledge and skills.
- Strong knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 procedures.
- Strong knowledge of value-based care and risk-based coding procedures in Primary Care.
- Strong knowledge of medication and injection procedures.
- Ability to safely administer a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Ability to use various types of equipment for examination and treatment procedures.
- Ability to accurately take and record vital signs.
- Ability to accurately reconcile patient medications.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Cristine Gentert, firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established as Medical Assistant:
$39,720 to $43,692 Certified Medical Assistant:
$41,700 to $45,876
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting and will be prorated by FTE. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Health Care Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21970 - SOM-DEAN DO CPD - PRIM CARE Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Nov 15, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Cristine Gentert Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00816342
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency