Gastroenterology IBD Advanced Practice Provider, School of Medicine Tracking Code23599932840926Job Description
Gastroenterology/Inflammatory Bowel Diseases ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDER – The Center for Crohn’s and Colitis in the Gastroenterology Section at Boston University School of Medicine/Boston Medical Center is seeking an NP or PA to support its program. The section provides a full range of gastroenterology care to a diverse patient population in the city of Boston as well as tertiary care for IBD patients throughout New England. The position will support the multidisciplinary care of IBD patients along with a group of dedicated gastroenterologists, RNs, pharmacists, nutritionist, psychologist and colorectal surgeons. The advanced practice provider will assist in medical management of IBD patients through all stages of their condition, including follow ups. Responsibilities include addressing treatment-related toxicities, monitoring progression or recurrence, and consulting with professional peers as needed. In addition to providing clinical care, the practitioner will participate in teaching conferences and relevant boards and committees. Teaching and mentoring opportunities for NP and PA students from area programs, including the PA program at Boston University, are also available. At BMC you will find a supportive work environment, with rich opportunities throughout your career for training, development, and growth and where you'll have the tools you need to take charge of your own practice environment.
• Performs comprehensive examinations, identifies normal and abnormal findings, including physical and psychosocial concerns
• Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests
• Evaluates and manages initiation of treatment, on-treatment and post-treatment side effects, as well as long-term surveillance for issues
• Collaborates and consults with other disciplines and teams to ensure safe, effective and timely treatment, as well as continuity of care
• Assists with the implementation and execution of multi-disciplinary care
• Educates, counsels and assists patients and families regarding current health problems, health maintenance activities, goals of care and preventative behaviors
• Writes accurate and timely progress notes, assists in maintaining an accurate medical record and communications between other care providers
• NP or PA certification is required. A minimum 2 years of practice experience is highly recommended.
• Bilingual in Spanish, Haitian Creole or Portuguese a plus
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
Please send CV to: Casaundra.Knight@bmc.org
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, natural or protective hairstyle, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular