Open Rank Lecturer - School of Mathematical and Statistical SciencesLocation:
E-31A MartinOpen Date:
Sep 27, 2023Description:
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (SMSS) at Clemson University is seeking a talented individual for a full-time, 9-month Lecturer or Senior Lecturer position starting from August 15, 2024. This is a renewable, non-tenure track position. This position will aid in establishing and maintaining courses taught in the newly created Bachelors of Science in Data Science in the SMSS. Areas of interest for this position include, but are not limited to, statistics, data science, and/or operations research.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is dedicated to Clemson’s overall mission of discovery, learning and engagement. The School’s faculty includes tenure/tenure track faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and lecturer-track faculty and fosters professional growth for all faculty. The School offers the full range of Baccalaureate, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.Qualifications:
All levels of lecturers (lecturer, senior lecturer, principal lecturer) are valued for their crucial contributions to the university's teaching objectives. Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, and Principal Lecturers all play a vital role in creating a dynamic and interactive learning environment for students. They take on various service responsibilities within the School, College, and University, including coordinating courses, offering professional development to graduate student instructors, mentoring undergraduates in creative inquiry projects, serving on decision-making committees, and participating in outreach programs.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is organized into three Divisions:
• Mathematics: includes faculty in Algebra and Discrete Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, and Pure and Applied Analysis.
• Statistics and Operations Research: includes faculty in Applied Statistics and Data Science, Operations Research, and Probability and Mathematical Statistics.
• Mathematics and Statistics Education: includes faculty in Mathematics Education and Statistics Education. Lecturers (of all ranks) belong to the Mathematics and Statistics Education division.
For more information about the School and its programs, please visit the website http://www.math.clemson.edu. For more information about Clemson, please visit the website http://www.clemson.edu/.
Applicants must have an M.S. degree in a relevant field, with a Ph.D. preferred. Candidates must also have a documented record of excellence in classroom instruction.
The ideal candidate:Application Instructions:
• will possess a passion for teaching and a commitment to student success,
• will have experience in teaching large lecture courses and utilizing a diverse range of instructional techniques is highly desirable,
• will have a desire to join fully in our large school's varied activities and take on service responsibilities as they progress through the ranks.
For full consideration, applications should be submitted by November 26, 2023. Review will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit the following items via Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/133010
(1) Curriculum Vitae;Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
(2) Letter of application;
(3) Teaching statement;
(5) Three confidential letters of recommendation.
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.