Sport Club Coach - Triathlon
Date Posted: 9/28/2023 Location: AR Sport Clubs Address: 5500 Campanile dr City: San Diego State: CA Country: United States of America Category: Aztec Recreation Description
Under the direction of the AS/SDSU Competitive Sports Coordinator, the Triathlon coach will be responsible for directing practices 3-4 times a week throughout the academic year. The Head Coach will be responsible for collaborating with student leadership to create practice plans and team development strategies; manage and facilitate team swims, runs, and bike rides with concern for all participant safety. The coach will perform his or her duties professionally, confidently, and responsibly. The Head Coach will work to achieve the enhancement of not only team performance, but enjoyment as well. Must be available for weekend travel during the competition season Fall and Spring. The position averages 12 hours per week and requires availability for evening and weekend hours.
The Triathlon Head Coach is responsible for the enforcement of rules, policies, and procedures as outlined in the Sport Club Handbook as well as all duties associated with coaching a collegiate club program. The successful candidate will be expected to enforce and comply with all policies and procedures established by Associated Students/SDSU, the Sport Club Program and West Coast Collegiate Triathlon Conference (WCCTC) while serving as a positive role model for the program and SDSU.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create practice schedules to accommodate novice, intermediate, and advanced athletes.
2. Work with team leadership to schedule and facilitate practices.
a. The Head Coach shall communicate with team officers to ensure that workouts are executed properly and are modified for athletes when necessary.
3. Attend weekly scheduled practices 6-12 hours per week.
4. Provide guidance to athletes about the intricacies of the sport of triathlon including but not limited to gear purchases, race strategy, and training.
5. Provide athletes with guidance to avoid injuries.
6. Work with team officers, coaches, administrators, and alumni to ensure program success.
- Be a positive role model for club members.
- Work with team and Sport Club Administration to create a positive and enthusiastic environment.
- Comply with all job expectations as outlined in the Associated Students/SDSU Sport Club Coaching Agreement
- Ensure individual and program compliance with all policies and procedures of Associated Students/SDSU and Aztec Recreation
- Ensure safety of all team members, coaches and equipment is the top priority at all times
- Represent the team and Associated Students/SDSU in a professional manner at all times
- Assist team members in achieving training goals
- Assist with the design and implementation of practice schedules and training schemes for practices
- Ensure scheduled practices begin and end on time
- Work with coaches from other programs and the WCCTC
- Assist with the necessary equipment needed for new and returning members
- Work collaboratively with team officers and administrators to develop and achieve program priorities
- Maintain team's positive community standing
- Assist in the outreach to alumni to recruit support for the team
- Represent the team in regional or national meetings with other coaches or organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Position reports to the Competitive Sports Coordinator. Further interactions may include Sport Club Program Assistant , Athletic Trainers, and other office staff. Position interacts with full-time staff within Aztec Recreation, including, but not limited to Recreation Director, Associate Director of Programs, and Intramural Sports and Sport Club Supervisor. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Possible exposure to distracting/uncomfortable noise levels may require hearing protection to be worn when performing duties. While working outdoors, the work environment may involve exposure to various elements including but not limited to: sun, heat/cold, wind, dust, pollens, precipitation, and other environmental risks as well as fumes and smoke.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to: walking, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, climbing, and working in confined space, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying loads.
Depending on job tasks, physical demands may require standing and walking for extended lengths of time and may require lifting, pushing, pulling, moving and carrying items up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance), and using laddersCERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
Minimum Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
- USA Triathlon Coaching Certification or World Triathlon Equivalent required
- Adult First Aid, CPR, & AED Certification
- Attend all mandatory Aztec Recreation Center Staff meeting and training
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and ability to recruit, train, and evaluate collegiate student athletes
- Have a strong coaching background with an emphasis on skill development and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with student athletes, team officers, administrators and alumni
- Commitment to adhere to all the policies, rules, and regulations of Associated Students/SDSU, Aztec Recreation and West Coast Collegiate Triathlon Conference (WCCTC)
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to work well with different skill levels
- Must be able to work efficiently and show initiative
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks, projects, and assignments within appropriate timelines
This is a part-time hourly position at $18.00 per hour.APPLICATION PROCESS:
Submit letter of interest, resume, and a list of three coaching references to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Your application will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be interviewed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=101322572531&locale=en_US&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=AssociatedStudentsofSanDiegoStateUniversityPTReqExt
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency