The Library seeks an energetic, detail oriented individual with a strong public service orientation to work in Firestone Circulation Services.
This position will spend a significant portion of the workday providing customer service at the Circulation Desk, a highly visible and busy service area in Firestone Library.
This position provides circulation services to faculty, staff, and students which include charging/discharging material, creating and updating patron records, collecting fees, communicating policies and information about the Library and its resources to patrons.
In addition, this position has responsibility for maintaining several collections (Dixon, Faculty, Travel), processing patron requests for paged items, and processing ReCAP requests.
Additional tasks include various types of searching, contacting patrons regarding overdue/lost items, and opening or closing the Department.
- Minimum of 1 year recent public service experience in a library.
- Demonstrated reliability and independence, as this individual will open or close the department.
- Must work well under pressure and be flexible to accommodate changes in the work schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with co-workers and the public, and to work quickly, accurately and with great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Facility with email and Microsoft Office applications, along with a willingness to learn new technology.
- Physical requirements include bending and stretching, lifting books, and moving large book trucks.
Work Schedule: Monday 11am-7pm; Tuesday – Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Associate or other degree
- Circulation experience in an academic library.
- Facility with Alma circulation/fulfillment.
Princeton University Library is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and advancing the University's commitment to racial equity within our community and in the world. We encourage candidates from all diverse backgrounds and life experiences to apply for our positions. To find out more about PUL’s work towards greater inclusivity, equity, and diversity, please see PUL’s “About” page.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
Standard Weekly Hours36.25Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard HoursMonday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Tuesday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesProbationary Period90 daysEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredYesUnion CodeLIB-Amer Fed State County Mun EmpsValid Driver’s License RequiredNo#LI-CL1