Job Location: Fullerton - Fullerton, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $125,000.00 - $135,000.00 Salary/year
Description Fullerton, California - Marshall B. Ketchum University, a private not-for-profit health care professions university, is currently seeking a full-time faculty member in the College of Pharmacy. The College is dedicated to excellence in education, service to the community, and research/scholarship. Working together with an outstanding leadership team, the faculty member will realize the College’s goal of reimagining the future of health care with an emphasis on advanced pharmacy practice skills, clinical medicine, and interprofessional education.JOB SUMMARYIndividuals with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply: internal medicine, critical care, and/or inpatient pharmacotherapy. Reporting directly to the Department Chair of Pharmacy Practice, the faculty member is expected to teach internal medicine topics in the Doctor of Pharmacy program, mentor students, provide patient care services as applicable, precept students, support College research initiatives, and participate in the service activities of the department, College, and University. Teaching expectations include course coordination and instruction with incorporation of active learning techniques. Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate ideas, achieve shared goals, and possess strong interpersonal skills. Candidates with a terminal degree (PharmD or equivalent), residency/fellowship training, board certification, and/or experience in course design, instruction, and evaluation are strongly encouraged to apply.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Terminal degree (e.g., PharmD or equivalent).
- As applicable: current California Registered Pharmacist Licensure (or must be eligible for and complete licensure within one year of hire).
- Completion of a residency and/or fellowship program, or have equivalent experience in pharmacy practice.
- Professional board certification(s) in a specialty is encouraged.
- Documented experience and accomplishments in teaching, professional practice, and scholarship at a level appropriate for appointment as an Assistant Professor are preferred.
- High degree of knowledge of current professional trends in pharmacy as related to clinical care and practice management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific literature and academic publications.
- Demonstration of ethical conduct, professionalism, interpersonal and leadership skills, and management abilities.
About the Organization Located in Fullerton, CA, Marshall B. Ketchum University is an independent, private, non-profit, accredited educational institution. MBKU is home to the Southern California College of Optometry, the School of Physician Assistant Studies and College of Pharmacy. Named after the founder of the optometric institution in 1904, the change to the University structure addresses the growing demand for highly skilled health care professionals. The University’s Southern California College of Optometry confers a Doctor of Optometry (OD) and a Master of Science in Vision Science (MS) degree. MBKU’s School of Physician Assistant Studies under the College of Health Sciences awards a Master of Medical Sciences (MMS) degree. MBKU’s College of Pharmacy welcomed its first class in the fall of 2016 and awarded the first Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree in Spring of 2020. MBKU owns and operates two premier eye and vision care centers: the University Eye Center at Ketchum Health and the University Eye Center at Los Angeles. Information about the College of Pharmacy can be found at http://www.ketchum.edu/pharmacy
.BENEFITSMBKU provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, free vision exams, short and long term disability, generous paid time off plans, a university-sponsored retirement plan and an on-site fitness center located on the Fullerton campus. See our website under Employment for more details regarding benefits of working for MBKU at ketchum.edu
.HOW TO APPLYApplications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names of three potential references, contained in a single pdf document. MBKU is an equal opportunity employer; requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.