Mental Health Specialist (Multiple Vacancies) Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Counseling and Psychological Services
Counseling & Psychological Services is home to full-time psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, treatment coordinators and a mental health education coordinator and we are fully committed to the health and wellness of our students. For more information about our center, visit us here.
- Provide direct individual, couples and group counseling to University students.
- Provide walk-in triage assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students
- Provide clinical consultations to family members and campus community constituents.
- Complete intake summaries, emergency assessments, progress notes, and termination summaries according to established policies and procedures.
- Participate on CAPS and University committees; provides outreach presentations to the University community.
- Assume other responsibilities assigned by the Director, Associate and Assistant Directors.
- Provide clinical supervision of masters interns; may conduct presentations in training seminars.
Master's Degree in a mental health field (e.g. social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy) and one year of experience.
- Licensed or license eligible in the State of Florida (Chapter 491, F.S.) to provide direct mental health counseling. If license eligible, license to be obtained within one year of hire.
- Experience in solving problems, dealing with crises, and managing sensitive information.
- Experience and/or knowledge related to psychological counseling and assessment.
- Customer service experience and the ability to interact with diverse populations.
Demonstrated experience in the ability to work with college students from diverse backgrounds is preferred.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated starting salary $75,000, commensurate education and experience.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
**The Counseling and Psychological Services will not consider incomplete applications. A complete application includes a cover letter, resume/vita and contact information for three professional references.
This is an A&P position.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
This position is advertised as open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.