Business Development and Strategic Alliance Program Director - 31317 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: CU Innovations Job Title: Business Development and Strategic Alliance Program Director Position # 00816216 – Requisition # 31317 Job Summary:
Bringing a dynamic, entrepreneurial mindset, the ability to manage both internal and external relationships, and a drive for continuous growth, the Business Development and Strategic Alliance Program Director will identify strategic business opportunities and develop long-term business growth strategies for CU Innovations that will expand revenue streams through business development activities. This position requires a strategic, critical thinker with a proven record of success in meeting and exceeding business objectives while maintaining the humbleness to operate as both a leader, team player and individual contributor.
The Business Development and Strategic Alliance Program Director will be responsible for rapidly accelerating the CU Innovations deal pipeline and iterating on our business development strategy to drive deal flow, build revenue, and increase profits to benefit the growth of the Anschutz campus while helping to get the latest medical innovations to market through partnerships with major pharmaceutical & biotech companies, as well as industry partners across multiple stake-holding groups.
The Business Development and Strategic Alliance Program Director will drive mission aligned value for CU Innovations by planning, analyzing, sourcing, leading, valuing, negotiating and executing strategically aligned partnerships. Key Responsibilities: Identifying transactions and partnerships that further CU Innovations' strategic priorities. Engage major pharmaceutical/biotech and industry partners across multiple stake-holding groups. Secure strategic new business, close high value deals, while growing existing partnerships. Execute transactions including process management, structuring, negotiations, and closing deals. Develop strategic plans that will be used to guide the positioning of CU Anschutz assets, and the external partnerships sought. Advise, drive, and negotiate deal terms. Perform due diligence, including financial analysis & risk assessments in support of proposed transactions, on technologies, markets, partners, and ventures. Partner closely with CU Anschutz subject matter experts to complete required work and transaction recommendations. Manage cross-functional due diligence teams in partnership with CU Anschutz subject matter experts with a hands-on, team-oriented approach. Ensure effective management of the deal post-closing, including alliance management, value tracking and course adjustment as necessary. Work Location: Hybrid
– this role is eligible for a hybrid schedule of 2-3 days per week on campus and as needed for in-person meetings. Why Join Us:
CU Innovations is an integral part of The University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus, a top-tier academic medical institution, collaborating with pioneering researchers, clinicians, staff, and external partners at the University of Colorado, staff at UCHealth and Children's Hospital Colorado. Together, we power innovation by imagining, discovering and commercializing advanced healthcare solutions, including treatments, medical devices, and cutting-edge technologies. Our mission at CU Innovations is driven by the unique collaborative environment we operate in, and our guiding principle is to transform breakthrough discoveries and treatments into realities within an efficient ecosystem that accelerates their availability to patients. This approach not only empowers our partners to have an immediate and meaningful impact but also enhances the quality of life and outcomes for patients now and in the future, at both CU and beyond.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or business. Substitute: A master's degree in science, engineering or business may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
- The position requires at least 5 years of extensive, diverse and progressively responsible business experience relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 7 years' relevant business experience, including demonstrated ability in generating and executing new business ventures, and analyzing and reporting on new business opportunities.
- A JD or MBA and a degree in a related scientific or engineering field.
- Experience in the healthcare data science field working with Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry, Payers, Healthcare Providers and/or Research Institutions with significant achievements and relevant network.
- A track record of developing and implementing strategic plans within pharmaceutical / biotech / dx / medical device industries.
- A successful corporate development and deal-making track record of negotiating and closing deals in a timely manner.
How to Apply:
- Must have ability and confidence to effectively function independently, be a self-starter, and be a team player within a collaborative organization.
- Other required skills include creativity, excellent communication (written and oral) skills, strong financial analysis, and strategic and innovative thinking capabilities.
- Must have successfully led direct reports or project team members in previous positions.
- Must have ability to effectively present to the sr. leadership level of internal and external organizations.
- Some domestic travel required.
- High EQ and experience building strong client relationships
- Expertise in digital health technologies and implementation.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, cell and gene therapy development.
- Relevant business skills and knowledge, including strategic, financial, marketing and operational expertise are preferred.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Lindley Pagels, email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by October 30, 2023.
Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range for this position has been established as $107,391 - $135,000.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Business Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21705 - ADM-CHAN Anschutz Tech Transfe Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 28, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Lindley Pagels Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00816216
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency