Registered Nurse - Internal Medicine Cherry Creek - 31311 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Community Practice Medicine Job Title: Registered Nurse - Internal Medicine Cherry Creek Position #: 00805946 – Requisition #: 31311 Job Summary:
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides high-quality support to physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) in meeting the operational needs of the practice and the medical needs of the patient. The RN assesses and evaluates patient conditions, and then plans, implements, provides, and documents patient care in a manner that follows professional nursing standards and outlined practices. Key Responsibilities:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms and readies them for physicians.
- Performs telephone triage, patient education, handling of physician phone calls, and pharmacy calls.
- Takes vital signs, records medical history/symptoms, and ensures medical chart/lab test results are available and complete.
- Administers immunizations and minor treatments as prescribed.
- Respond to patient questions and concerns as a liaison between physician and patient.
- Reports all test results to the patient as directed by the physician.
Onsite – This role is expected to work onsite and is in Denver, CO. Why Join Us:
As a CU Anschutz employee, you are afforded benefits that are hard to find elsewhere! Our tuition assistance benefit can help grow your career, providing employees with up to 9 eligible credits per academic year on any CU campus for eligible undergraduate and graduate courses. Add to that exceptional Paid Time Off, including 22 Vacation Days, 15 Sick Days, and 10 Holidays!
To see more, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- 1-2 years of Nursing experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- 2+ years of job-related/clinic experience.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking.
- Nursing certification (ANCC) in specialty area.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Epic, Kronos, and HealthStream experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by American Heart Association or American Red Cross healthcare provider level CPR certification.
- Registered Nurse (RN), State of Colorado.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications for the position.
- Maintains all required continuing education requirements.
- Must be able to work in-person.
- Must be able to travel to alternate locations as assigned.
How to Apply:
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, including physicians, leadership, and staff within the various affiliate organizations (UCH, Children's Colorado, CU Medicine, CU SOM).
- Ability to work within large, complex healthcare systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to compile complex reports and develop presentations.
- Ability to compose letters and memorandums.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks.
- Ability to lead work teams.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, and establish direction.
- Ability to organize workflow.
- Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures, and word processing.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and develop multiple projects.
- Ability to work as an influential team member.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Kayla Bundo, email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as $70,067 to $89,124.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Health Care Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21970 - SOM-DEAN DO CPD - PRIM CARE Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Nov 2, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Kayla Bundo Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00805946
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency