The Harold Walter Siebens School of Business at Buena Vista University (BVU) seeks a dynamic professor who is committed to excellence in undergraduate education in marketing. The successful candidate will deliver engaging and effective classroom instruction within the marketing program and the business core. This position offers the opportunity to serve as lead faculty in the marketing program, working collaboratively to spearhead the update and enhancement of our marketing curriculum, ensuring that it remains relevant and aligned with industry needs. This position is tenure-track with an August 2024 start date. The Business major in the Harold Walter Siebens School of Business is designed to develop each student’s analytical, interpersonal, and professional skills grounded in a comprehensive understanding of business and marketing. The Siebens School is committed to transforming students into exemplary business leaders by immersing them in a challenging learning environment through course work, simulations, internships, participation in projects, travel opportunities, professional conferences, and partnering with faculty on research. Especially impactful hands-on experience can be gained through engaging with industry partners and the Lamberti Center for Entrepreneurship. Essential Functions
- Teach 12 credit hours per fall and spring semesters
- Effectively develop and deliver innovative problem-based classroom instruction in marketing and business in a positive learning environment.
- Work to incorporate experiential learning opportunities into the student experience
- Practice quality interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Interact effectively with students and colleagues, function as an independent professional, and work effectively as a team member
- Possess ability and willingness to work with diverse populations
- Supervise, mentor, and advise students and student organizations
- Remain active and current in the field through professional development activities
- Be responsible for University services such as committee work, participation in departmental projects, and academic advising
- Assist in recruitment visits with prospective students to the University
- Establish and maintain strong connections with marketing professionals, industry leaders, and organizations to ensure curriculum relevance and facilitate student internships and career opportunities.
- A doctoral degree in Marketing or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Ability to provide excellent instruction and teach a variety of courses in the undergraduate marketing and business core curricula.
- Ability to teach, advise, and mentor the professional development of students.
- Ability to build connections with professionals in the industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant professional experience in marketing.
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary/university level
- Experience teaching courses in face-to-face and online settings
The Harold Walter Siebens Forum and the Harold Walter Siebens School of Business underwent a $15.1 million-dollar renovation project to include new classroom space and technology, a trading lab, and refreshed office, gathering, and dining spaces. The Harold Walter Siebens School of Business is an endowed school whose generous donors make it possible to support excellent value-added learning and professional development opportunities for students and faculty. This position is not eligible for an employer-sponsored visa and all applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.To apply, please submit:
- a letter of application detailing your qualifications and interest in the position
- graduate school transcripts (photocopies acceptable with application; official copies will be required for appointment),
- Curriculum vitae including a list of courses taught
- Contact information for three professional references (including title, address, e-mail address, and phone number).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. A background check will be conducted on the final candidate. Buena Vista University is an EOE/ADA/Smoke-Free Employer, and especially welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to any aspect of the university’s diversity. Buena Vista University is located on the shores of beautiful Storm Lake, a 3,200-acre natural lake located in Northwest Iowa. Since 1891, we have prepared students for lifelong success and blended liberal arts with real-world applications. BVU expands access to quality education by empowering the people who propel Iowa forward in order to power rural vitality and personal prosperity. We foster an environment based on success both for our students and our employees, and we strive to build and support a diverse community. BVU firmly stands behind our motto, Education for Service, and was recently awarded the 2020 Carnegie Community Engagement Classification. In Storm Lake, you will find impressive amenities perfect for families, students, young professionals, and retirees alike. Residents and visitors enjoy an energetic downtown that is home to a variety of locally-owned retail stores that complement several national chains. There is an array of shopping, dining, and professional services, as well as a vibrant arts and multicultural environment. We are a diverse community in both population and opportunity. Most importantly, Storm Lake residents enjoy a relatively low cost of living and a high quality of life. Learn more at BVU.edu/StormLake.