: Staff and AdministratorsSubscribe:
: IT-Information Technology Servic 2150Locations:
: Worcester, MAPosted:
: Sep 26, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time - ExemptPosition ID:
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub.
The Business Analyst and Report Writer is a hybrid or remote position which provides functional and technical support to users of Clark's administrative information systems and data management tools. This individual will focus on support for Finance, Student Accounts, General Accounting, and Residential Life departments.
Teamwork, Customer Service, and Project Management
- Meet with functional departments to discuss operational goals, options, and capabilities. Analyze user needs and objectives in conjunction with capabilities and limitations.
- Consult with business users to define and create specifications for administrative system enhancements; translate data and reporting needs into accurate development requirements.
- Act as a liaison between departmental users, IT staff and third-party vendors to clarify requirements, resolve questions and/or or identify tradeoffs between functionality and performance. Consult with other IT staff concerning information systems capabilities and technology. Provide feasibility guidance and cost estimates as needed.
- Serve as an analyst regarding system design and/or data management issues; represent design team in meetings; provide input in determining project scope; define design parameters of the project in consultation with functional units.
- Develop, implement, and support detailed project management plans aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of campus-wide administrative information systems or implementing new systems.
- Work with supervisor to assign priorities to requests and set direction for process and application development.
Technical Support, Reporting, and Data Integrity
- Support, integrate, and maintain third party applications and administrative systems that augment the University's central ERP system - Ellucian Banner. Provide business process analysis, technical support, and problem solving for these systems.
- Educate functional departments on how to access and manipulate data in various reporting and business intelligence tools.
- Develop datablocks and reports using Evisions Argos and SQL to support business users' reporting needs.
- Ensure that data standards and administrative office policies & procedures for maintaining data elements within the system are consistently applied.
- In cooperation with supervisor and administrative staff users, develop and implement reporting procedures for Federal, State, and institutional reporting requirements.
- Develop and/or participate in administrative application training seminars, workshops and short courses; develop supporting end-user documentation.
- Other duties as defined by the supervisor.
Teamwork, Customer Service, and Project Management
- A successful candidate for this role will have a demonstrated passion for problem solving; strong project management skills and the proven ability to build trust and work well with all levels of management and technical staff.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Must possess solid decision-making skills necessary to plan all elements of applications development and/or implementation project, develop objectives and requirements justification, assign tasks to project members, and manage the overall project.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; sound judgement; the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer/data fluency; and the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the University are required skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- A high degree of integrity relative to data security and confidentiality of information is required.
Technical Skills, Reporting, and Data Integrity
- Strong technical and functional knowledge of Ellucian Banner and/or other complex administrative applications in support of university business procedures desired.
- Basic SQL programming skills and experience with enterprise-level reporting and data visualization tools required; experience with Evisions Argos preferred.
- Proven technical competency in Microsoft Office products.
- Education and Experience
- A successful candidate for this role will have experience in functional areas within higher education administration, such as Student Accounts, Finance, or General Accounting with technical capacity and understanding to facilitate communication and cooperation between functional and technical staff.
- BS in information management, computer science, accounting or related discipline. A minimum of 3 years experience in a position of comparable complexity and scope. Comparable success and work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis is required.
As of June 1, 2023 Clark University no longer requires employees or students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, Clark urges all community members to follow CDC guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination, which recommend that everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines including booster doses. This is important for your own personal health as well as the health of our community.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities. For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit here.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
A successful background check is required upon acceptance.