JOB SUMMARY Under administrative direction, is responsible for leadership of the University’s office of student financial services, including oversight of staff development, operational and strategic planning, financial aid packaging, compliance, disbursement, funds management, and stewardship, and the delivery of outstanding financial services for students and families.
- Leads the Office of Student Financial Services as a department that is proactive in working with families to plan for the use of financial aid programs and other financial products to finance a SLU education.
- Collaborates on strategic and operational planning aimed at delivering outstanding student financial services to families i.e., leverage and packaging analysis, re-engineering, and financial product evaluation.
- Oversees the determination of aid eligibility and the packaging and disbursement of student financial aid in accordance with guidelines and regulations provided by the University, federal and state governments, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and other private funding agencies.
- Coordinates and refines automated systems and Web sites used to serve families and manage funds, stewardship, compliance, packaging, disbursement, and reporting.
- Through re-engineering and staff development, creates a financial services environment that promotes early and regular interaction with families about the intricacies of financial aid, financing an education, and the timely resolution of student accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and private financial aid programs, regulations, and financial services products
Leadership, management, and team-building skills
Written and oral communication skills
Demonstrated service and marketing orientation
Ability to use and interpret data to make informed decisions and meet enrollment goals
Ability to manage change
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Applicants must include: 1) a cover letter; and 2) a resume/curriculum vitae. You can upload these items on the third page "My experience" of the application
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Master’s degree; supplemented with seven (7) years of experience working in student financial services, including supervisory experience. Experience with Banner is highly preferred.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/OmKgRDIDYy4aoSg6MfpppL