Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China is a university without borders, where students and staff alike are empowered and supported in the dynamic and global city of Ningbo. As the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China in 2004, UNNC is an international higher education pioneer and a fast-growing hub for excellence in teaching and learning, research, innovation and knowledge exchange.
The key purpose of this role is to assist the Vice Provost for Education and Student Experience (VP ESE) in the development, implementation and delivery of the University s overarching learning, teaching and curriculum portfolio strategy; including the development, participation and/or leadership in and of major projects and initiatives.
The Associate Vice-Provost for Education Strategy (AVP ES) will be expected to maintain a University-wide perspective in all activities and will provide visible leadership of the University s values.
Strategic leadership of curriculum enhancement and academic development
- Play an active role in the development of project and practice, individually having special responsibility to the VP ESE for the leadership, development, formulation and co-ordination of projects aligned with the University Strategy and the strategic delivery plan for Education, and also having oversight of institutional metrics and KPIs relevant to the portfolio.
- Have a strong focus upon the development, direction and quality of the University s Education undertakings,providing expertise and leadership in planning and projects to ensure alignment with strategic requirements and future directions.
- Have a strong focus upon the support and development of teaching staff in a way that enables and facilitates the strategic directions of the University s Education undertakings.
- Provide leadership to course design and assessment policy/procedures and planning; ensuring that all key stakeholders are involved, and that the Education and Student Experience Committee is regularly apprised of progress.
Regulation, Assurance and Monitoring
- Develop and manage the institutional wide implementation of an education strategy and teaching and learning projects, to include working with Faculty Associate Deans ESE and Directors ESE in CELE; to develop Faculty and School level plans and KPIs.
- Ensure that periodic and annual review mechanisms of programmes and curricula are fit for purpose and aligned with both University strategy, regulatory requirements, and our Education Strategy.
- Be an active member of senior committees within the University s Education and Student Experience governance structures.
- Work with the Faculty Associate Deans ESE and Directors ESE in CELE; to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of activity aligned to the Education operational plans of the Campus Development Plan and the regular monitoring of progress and action planning, against the ESE key performance indicators and metrics.
- Work with Directors of Professional Services to the effective delivery of the Education operational plan of the Campus Development Plan and Education Strategy.
- Support the Faculties, and their Schools, to develop actionable plans in response to key performance indicators and metrics relevant to Education.
- Work with the University s education support teams, such as, the Learning Technologies team, and the Academic Skills for Students teams; to ensure the development of services that enable positive outcomes for students and support good academic practice.
Tri-Campus strategy and operations
- Maintain close relationships with the Vice-Provosts/APVCs for Education and Student Experience/Teaching and Learning in the other campuses, to include where necessary, acting as a main point of contact for UNNC, providing briefings and updates on the Education undertakings of the University, sharing good practice and working collaboratively on all operational aspects of education planning and delivery.
- Be actively involved in the development of policy, procedure and projects in collaboration with the Vice Provosts/APVCs for Education and Student Experience/Teaching and Learning at UNUK and UNM.
Student Success in Education
- Work with the Faculty Associate Deans ESE Directors ESE in CELE, Directors of Professional Services and other senior staff to further develop student engagement, to include ensuring compliance with the UK Quality Code but also enhancement and quality of engagement activity.
- Have oversight of enterprise-wide student success activity as it pertains to Education, working with student success teams to ensure the continuous improvement of student opportunities and outcomes.
- Integrate and ensure/further develop digital learning plans with the Education Strategy.
- Promulgate digital learning as part of the education enhancement projects and activities.
- Work with Faculty Digital Learning colleagues to ensure alignment and progress in digital learning with respect to the Eductaion Strategy.
Other dutes commensurate with level of the role
- Represent the University as required with external partners and at external events.
- Additional duties as directed.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and a proven track record of successful management, both strategically and operationally, of a Faculty, School, Department or other academic Unit, or successful leadership of a key initiative.
- Excellent judgment and ability to think creatively.
- Proven interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to negotiate, influence, and motivate.
- Excellent presentation, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the confidence to utilize these in a large range of formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrable successful project management experience.
- Resilient, with an ability to cope with pressure and conflicting demands.
- Passion to promote excellence in all we do at the University and a commitment to enhancing its quality and reputation.
- Ability to act as an effective ambassador for UNNC outside the University.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality of opportunity for both staff and students.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds within and outside the University.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
UNNC is committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. You will have access to a range of benefits and rewards, including accommodation allowance, insurance, schooling support, home flights, relocation and repatriation support and paid annual leave. An eligible successful candidate will be invited to apply for key talent projects in China in priority with the reward of research funding and opportunities from Government.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system on or before 16 October 2023
Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding the position may be addressed to Prof. Philip Seltsikas, Vice-Provost of University of Nottingham Ningbo China at email: Philip.Seltsikas@nottingham.edu.cn.
If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000 (ext.8830), Email: email@example.com.
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.