: Office of Student ConductLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Sep 21, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 09705Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a premier public R1 research institution in the State University of New York (SUNY) system that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by our mission, outstanding academics, facilities, and community life - promotes extraordinary student success, research, and service; Binghamton University is where our students, faculty and staff thrive.
Working at Binghamton University is more than about having a great job - it is about having the opportunity to flourish in an exciting, engaging environment. Our faculty and staff appreciate Binghamton's collegial and inclusive culture and its commitment to excellence, education, innovation and civic engagement. Our diverse campus community contributes to our success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty, exceptional staff, and ultramodern facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000+ students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first- generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration, and community service.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and in keeping with this commitment, we welcome all to apply, including veterans and persons with disabilities.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
The Student Conduct Coordinator will have a critical role in supporting the Office of Student Conduct. The successful candidate will have a passion for supporting students, leadership development, and the ability to oversee multiple projects at once. This position collaborates with University Police, Residential Life and the CARE Team. The Student Conduct Coordinator understands the importance of how the Code of Student Conduct supports the safety and well-being of the campus community at Binghamton University.
- Supervise the Office Assistant and oversee the development and implementation of training for the Office Assistant.
- Oversee release of student information requests and coordinate the process with Study Aboard, Harpur Advising, and other offices as appropriate.
- Assist the internship program with coordination of weekly outreach events, presentations, and tabling opportunities.
- Support marketing efforts for the OSC, with a focus on purchasing of promotional materials, apparel and printed materials.
- Coordinate the hearing board schedule and membership outreach.
- Review weekly reports from multiple sources (Residential Life, Office of Title IX, University Police, Binghamton Police, and others), and assist in the dissemination of the reports to the OSC staff.
- Participate in case review and analysis with other members of the student conduct team.
- Send educational correspondence via Maxient for level 1 cases.
- Manage the implementation of educational conversations by Residence Life staff, which will include running daily dashboards in Maxient and communications with Residential Life staff.
- Assist in the development of office policies and procedures, with a focus on retention of records (both physical and/or virtual records).
- Oversee the office budget and track the purchasing of items.
- Assist the Office Assistant in managing the office calendars, including room reservations, formal hearings, and requests for staff time-off.
- Coordinate the Human Resource process for the OSC.
- Assist with oversight of training requirements for board members, and manage the training requirements for board members within the Student Conduct Institute.
- Serve on committees on behalf of the office as needed.
- Work closely reviewing conduct cases and sanctions with University Police, Residential Life, Fraternity and Sorority Life and CARE Team.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1 year of professional experience in higher education
- 2 years of experience in Student Conduct
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
All applicants must apply via Interview Exchange: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=167763
Deadline for Internal Applicants: October 10, 2023
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.