Coordinator, Records EvaluationRequisition Number:
The Coordinator, Records Evaluation provides administrative supervision of the graduation application process, issues diplomas, and prepares information including names for commencement. The Coordinator supervises the work of the graduation evaluators. The Coordinator also supervises process and provides backup support to Associate Director, Academic Records.Specific Responsibilities:
Extended hours may be required occasionally including evenings and Saturdays.
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
- Provides oversight of the graduation evaluation.
- Update Banner dates and programs web pages, reconciliation evaluations.
- Cultivates and maintains a working relationship with Transfer Credit and Evaluation Office staff in order to streamline synergistic processes.
- Develops processes which improve workplace efficiencies, as well as data collection/reporting.
- Supervises the daily work of staff, including scheduling work, setting performance standards, and ensuring adherence to these standards.
- Responds to Mydegreepathhelp and grads email account.
- Processes course substitution/waivers and update degree audits.
- Serves on MyDegree Path Support Team.
- Runs Banner Process and upload NSC Degree files.
- Ensures staff respond to NSC Degree Verify and process NSC – G Not applied reports.
- Resolves graduation related problems and issues to clear student records for degree issuance.
- Oversees the printing and mailing of diplomas and certificates, including replacement or duplicate diplomas.
- Coordinates activities related to commencement including preparing and distributing commencement packets to graduates.
- Adheres to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents.
- Performs assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree or higher required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.• Six (6) years of, progressively responsible experience in graduation and transfer credit evaluation, or equivalent background in higher education required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Experience with an enterprise-wide information and report-writing system required.
• Excellent communication skills via all methods (phone, in person, email, etc.) required.
• Ability to multi-task and to process high volumes of work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment required.
• Demonstrate ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to work extended hours and occasional Saturdays required.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Banner and ARGOS experience preferred.• Experience in, and appreciation for, a collective bargaining environment preferred.
“Success Starts Here” is our message to the Philadelphia community – and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most. Our benefits include:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Interested persons should complete an online application.Salary Grade or Rank:
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.• Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
$47,389 - $78,192Job Posting Open Date:
09/15/2023Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :