Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures (JHTV) supports the commercialization of university technology through technology licensing, the development of corporate research collaborations, and venture creation.
We are seeking a Business Analyst
to support the technology commercialization activities of Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures (JHTV) by performing assessments of new technologies, defining pathways to market, and working with the technology development team to cultivate and progress high impact projects.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Technology Development.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reviews and understands technologies disclosed to Johns Hopkins University.
- Searches relevant prior art to determine the ability to patent new technology.
- Analyzes commercial factors such as market size, developmental risk and competitive environment to turn new technologies into commercial products.
- Conducts in-depth research to understand the structure of specific industries and identify potential partners that can assist in commercialization efforts.
- Through on-the-job training, develops a working knowledge of the technology commercialization process, formation of new companies, and the process for obtaining funding for the new companies.
- Staffs the JHTV Sr. Medical Director and serves as a liaison to the technology development team.
- Works on strategic initiatives under direction of the Associate Director, Technology Development.
- Able to understand complex technologies and develop concise, clear synopses of the technologies.
- Resourceful with data gathering, manipulation of large data sets, and quantitative analysis.
- Able to think creatively about potential commercial applications for new technologies and how JHTV might facilitate commercialization.
- Able to deal well with unstructured problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological or Engineering related science.
- Two (2) years' experience in marketing, preferably life and physical sciences technology or working in industry in a similar function.
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident required due to Federal Export Controls.
- Advanced degree preferred, but not required, in a related science or an MBA with experience in biotechnology fields.
Classified Title: Technology Analyst
Job Posting Title (Working Title): Technology Analyst
Starting Salary Range: Min $62,300- Max $109,000 ($65,000 Targeted, Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. The COVID-19 vaccine does not apply to positions located in the State of Florida. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Technology-Analyst-MD-21205/1080644800/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency