Human Resources Business Partner - 30341 University Staff Description University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus Department: School of Medicine | Department of Pediatrics Job Title: HR Business Partner Position #: 00811291 – Requisition #: 30341 Job Summary:
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking applications for a Human Resources Business Partner. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will serve as a resource to sections within the department by providing support, guidance, and interpretation of Federal, State, University and School of Medicine laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures assuring compliance in a variety of human resources areas which includes recruitment, selection, onboarding, personnel management, and payroll. The person in this role will not only work closely with the Business Managers and Section Heads of all of the sections but will also work closely and collaboratively with the School of Medicine Human Resources and Faculty Affairs departments, University central HR and Employee Services.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an energetic individual who is ready to help create change and be part of a group of professionals dedicated to collaborative approaches, relationship building, outstanding customer service and positive outcomes. Key Responsibilities:
Why Join Us:
- Complete the day-to-day recruitment activities for faculty and staff positions through the Human Capital Management (HCM) and CU Careers systems for a portfolio of Sections within the DOP.
- Assist sections as needed in recruiting new talent by sourcing candidates, writing job descriptions/announcements, screening applicants, performing job analysis, selecting/developing assessment devices, and consulting with subject matter experts.
- Participate in University Staff and Faculty searches.
- Assist CHCO section Business Managers to create draft letter of offers for new hires.
- Act as a liaison with the International Student and Scholar Services Office in order to coordinate International Visa Administration requests, including J-1, H-1B, O, TN, OPT and Permanent Resident applications for Faculty, Postdoctoral Fellows, Research Associate series and students that require work authorization.
- Perform University onboarding processes for new employees, including gathering required documents, coordinating IT access, I-9 forms, and badging.
- Create transactions in the Human Capital Management (HCM) system related to compensation, position, and personnel management.
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete records ensuring compliance with Federal, State and University laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Coordinate payroll entries for all employees within sections including leave, additional pay, leave payouts, and time collection for hourly staff.
- Approve payroll entries for monthly, biweekly, and off cycle payrolls.
- Manage FML, medical leave and leave of absence requests.
- Prepare and maintain individual salary spreadsheets for faculty and staff.
- Process funding allocations and payroll expense transfers as needed to ensure proper funding for all employees.
- Assist supervisors with performance management process to ensure the process complies with appropriate University and School of Medicine policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource on HR policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with HR leadership in the Department, assist in the development of standard operating procedures and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with data collection and data entry for semi-annual salary setting process.
- Manage Person of Interest records, sponsored user requests and IT access for faculty and staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a human resources team in the University of Colorado | School of Medicine – Department of Pediatrics at the Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Medical Campus fosters collaboration among students, researchers, and clinicians in one of the largest academic health centers in the nation. Campus architecture and state-of-the-art technology bridge education and research with two world-class hospitals: University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado. The Department of Pediatrics includes 25 sections, 18 programs and 3 affiliates with approximately 1,200 faculty and staff.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, Communications or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Substitution: Professional level human resources experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- At least two (2) years of professional level experience performing Human Resources duties and responsibilities.
How to Apply:
- Experience working in an academic medical center.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and CU Careers.
- At least one year of experience with financial transaction level detail (for example, journal entries, payroll, account reconciliation, accounts payable, etc.).
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Ryan Foley email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as $51,190 to $65,113.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Anschutz: https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4641434&targetURL=The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
· Anschutz Campus – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Human Resources Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 20269 - SOM-PEDS GENERAL OPERATIONS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 27, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Ryan Foley Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00811291
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency