Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Category:
Non-Clinical Professional Schedule:
Day ShiftAt Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital we offer an excellent Benefits Package, to include:
Trauma Registrar Position Summary:
- Affordable healthcare
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Life and disability insurance
- Opportunities for career development
- Employee discount program - travel, tickets, dining and more!
The Trauma Registrar is integral to the success of the trauma program. Direct responsibility for collaborative identification of patients who meet the inclusion criteria into the database as well as ensuring correct identification of exclusion criteria. Accurate and timely abstraction of data is required and a formal program for data reliability and validation is required to ensure a high quality database able to be used for program planning, improving patient care with evidence based data, ensuring high quality patient care, and allowing benchmarking to evaluate outcomes.Trauma Registrar Key Accountabilities:
- Works collaboratively with admissions and transfer center staff to ensure accurate and timely identification of patients for inclusion and exclusion into the data repository.
- Enters all identified patients into the data repository ensuring all data points are accurately abstracted to ensure a high reliability data base for reporting; minimum of 80% of charts must be closed within 60 days of discharge to ensure that data reporting is not outside the window of clinical care expert interest in review and making changes within the program.
- Responsible for day to day database management including scheduling accurate software updates and entering data into the National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB) for national reporting on trauma, hospital benchmarking and American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- Runs reports as requested; reports must be accurate and on time allowing clinical and program teams to make accurate and appropriate decisions on program and clinical changes necessary to improve patient outcomes.
- Responsible for timely and accurate uploads to external databases as required by statute or contract; upload must be completed within organizational requirements for confidential transfer of data.
- Maintains confidentiality of data and electronic information consistent with hospital, state, and federal guidelines.
- Follows-up with referring facilities to provide information and discharge summaries pertaining to the transferred trauma patients.
- Prepares and maintains monthly statistical data of trauma patients to be presented at the monthly trauma meeting.
- Responsible for accurate coding for ISS, procedures, and clinical opportunities for improvement.
Work Hours: 8am - 4:30pm (M-F), 40 hrs/wk
Work Location: St. Petersburg, FLTrauma Registrar Qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- Education in advanced medical terminology and human anatomy and/or physiology and disease process preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Edition (ICD-10) coding preferred
- 2 years in a medical environment with hands-on experience with direct patient care
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers. Apply
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/trauma-registrar-non-clinical-professional-us-fl-st-petersburg-johns-622255-635c1/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency