Social Media Intern
Posting Close Date:
The College of Arts and Sciences is looking for a student intern to help expand their reach on social media! This job is an excellent opportunity for anyone in the Marketing, Photography, PR, or other creative fields to develop their resume, portfolio, and experience. An ideal applicant will be outgoing, self-sufficient and creative. The intern will perform duties as assigned, ask questions and collaborate on new insights. This position will require photography, video and Photoshop or Canva content creation. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The College of Arts and Sciences at CU Boulder is the intellectual core of the university, conducting research, scholarship, creative work and education in more than 60 fields. Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world’s most critical problems.
The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education in the natural sciences, social sciences and arts and humanities, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Crafting, developing and implementing marketing concepts for college campaigns;
- Caption writing in 140 characters or fewer;
- Collaborating to develop and complete social media campaigns;
- Help build content calendars monthly for the college;
- Build photography and video content for social media platforms weekly.
This is a temporary, part-time position anticipated to last 9 months working in a hybrid work situation. This position requires the employee to have 10+ hours of availability each week.
What We Can Offer
- The hourly rate is $18.00
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
Be adventurous. Be creative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- An upper-level student (completed two years of coursework towards their Bachelor's Degree) studying marketing, business, communications, or in a similar field.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Canva;
- Strong communication skills;
- Interest in Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter from a content creation perspective;
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter.
Please apply by October 4, 2023, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Social-Media-Intern/52006
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency