: Classified StaffSubscribe:
: Student CentralLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Sep 25, 2023Closes:
: Oct 10, 2023 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: CLAPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
BHCC is looking for staff committed to student success to work in our new BHCC Student Central department that will integrate services related to financial aid, student payment, registration and academic records. Student Central is both a centralized physical locations and a virtual hub where students can access information, resources and services.
Represents Student Central and is responsible for providing quality services to students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Work in Student Central assisting students with all enrollment related processes
- Maintain and update student records
- Process documents, registrations, invoices, payments, tax returns and financial aid related documents
- Accept and prepare correspondence, forms, files and reports for processing, electronic storage or forwarding
- Operate standard office machines and equipment; issue ID cards
- Explain financial aid eligibility, awards and regulations
- Answer student, alumni, staff, and faculty questions and provide information in-person, over the phone and via email
- Assist with the compilation of statistical information to be included in departmental reporting
- Supervise student workers as needed
- Assist students with completion of paper and electronic forms and navigation of virtual systems
- Comply with FERPA and privacy regulations
- At least four years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in office work or any equivalent combination of the required experience.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols and maintain accurate records
- Ability to type and use a computer and other standard office equipment
- Able to communicate effectively in oral expression and deal tactfully with others
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Shift: Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. & Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:00p.m.
Closing Date: October 10, 2023
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE