Posting Details Position Information
Position TitleMajor Gifts OfficerRequisition NumberSCA00689General DescriptionThe Major Gifts Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of major, planned, foundation and corporate donors. This position is responsible for identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting and personally stewarding major and planned giving prospects and donors (individuals, corporations, foundations, community organizations, etc.) to support endowment, current use, and capital projects for Community College of Philadelphia and the Community College of Philadelphia Foundation. This position is responsible for managing the planned giving marketing program.
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
- In collaboration with advancement and other college staff, develop and implement strategies for identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major, planned and annual gifts from individual prospects, corporations and foundations.
- Manage at least one hundred (100) five- to seven-figure prospects.
- Maintain active and regular contact with prospects based on assigned monthly visit goals.
- Meet annual dollar goals and goals to increase the pipeline.
- Personally, solicit major, planned, annual and sponsorship gifts.
- Assist in managing the planned giving marketing program through a third-party platform.
- Analyze data and prepare planned giving mailings, emails and newsletters to strategically targeted groups.
- Develop and implement strategies to upgrade donors at every level.
- Plan and execute strategic, meaningful, targeted cultivation events.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all prospect and donor contact in donor database.
- Communicate with Advancement staff to ensure gifts are accurately recorded, processed,
- administered based on donor intent.
- Create opportunities for College leadership and advancement staff to cultivate and steward
- Participate in College and Foundation events.
- Work with College and volunteer leadership to advance fundraising priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor???s degree. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience in planned giving desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects required.
- Capacity to develop enduring relationships with a diverse range of people, including high wealth individuals, and high-level corporate, foundation, and community leaders.
- Superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents, both internal and external required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principles.
- Demonstrated team-building skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
- Demonstrated professionalism and the ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office One Drive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be available for occasional evening and weekend work.
- Valid driver???s license required.
- Experience working in a community college preferred.
- Experience in planned giving desirable.
- Knowledge of Raiser???s Edge preferred.
- Three (3) years??? experience in diversified fundraising in a higher education setting preferred.
Work LocationMain CampusBenefits???Success Starts Here??? is our message to the Philadelphia community ??? and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Special Instructions to ApplicantsSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Interested persons should complete an online application.
??? Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
??? Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
??? Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
??? Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.??? Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Salary Grade or Rank4Salary Range62,672.00 to 103,410.00Job Posting Open Date08/30/2023Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you possess a Bachelors??? degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning?
- Do you possess a current, valid driver's license?
- Do you have prior experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, familiarity with Raisers Edge or other donor database software, including events management modules?
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application