Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201 Category:
Support Services (Services/Trades) Schedule:
Rotating ShiftPosition Summary:
Responsible for performing a variety of cooking duties. Prepares food in both quantity production and short order cooking. Works with minimal supervision and is expected to resolve problems by reference to general work instructions or occupational practices, procedures and precedents. Provides assistance to other food service personnel.
Priniciple Duties and Responsibiities:
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
- Guides, and trains cooks as directed by manager or Executive Chef in the preparation, cooking and serving of foods
- Operates standard kitchen equipment such as mixers, cookers, ovens, stoves, toasters, coffee urns and other related equipment to cook foods in production quantities
- Reviews the daily Production Sheets and produces food to meet the needs of both Patient Services and Retail.
- Inspects and cleans all foods prior to cooking.
- Prepare all foods requiring skillful preparation such as roasts, stews, sauces, casseroles, soups and baked goods in quantities indicated on production sheets.
- Slices meat and cheese; assembles fruit plates and relish trays and desserts.
- Stores leftover food by properly covering, labeling and dating the food items.
- Ensures that all equipment such as ranges, grills, ovens, kettles, mixers, pots and pans, fryers, refrigerators, floors and grinders are clean and sanitary.
- Ensures that shelves, bins, storage drawers and utensils are in a neat and orderly condition; reports equipment needing repair and/or adjustment to appropriate personnel.
- Protects equipment, utensils and food from adulteration, spoilage and pilferage.
- Disposes of food matter in the “Food Waste” containers and all production records are maintained for food “overs and unders” for food production daily in both hot and cold production.
- Performs related work as required.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins! Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers. Apply
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/cook-support-services-services-trades-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-630134-1f3e7/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency