The link below will give you information about the University’s “T” salary structure.
Learn more about the “T” salary structure.
A variety of important factors are reviewed by HR when considering salary, including job duties, the applicant’s education and experience, all relevant internal equity considerations, department budget, and funding source.
In the Temple Tech for Philly’s Digital Equity Center -This employee will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support for a range of hardware and software related personal computing systems that have been distributed to the community. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with end users, which includes trouble shooting, fault rectification and problem escalation. Provides effective and timely resolution of users’ problems, queries or complaints. Deepening subject matter expertise relative to Digital Equity. Looking for a proven excellent communicator and relationship builder. Serves as a mentor to interns in a workforce development program that will make up a team to support the community user base. Contributes to the administration of customer service applications; Call Center as a Service, Reporting/Visualization, Communications Management or Customer Feedback systems. The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated ability to research relevant technologies and stay abreast of IT support challenges and offerings for a digital challenged community. Performs other duties as assigned.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of working at Temple University.
Required Education & Experience:
At least 2 years related technical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered. Experience working with beginner technology users.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Solid working knowledge of PC and Mac system configuration, hardware/software troubleshooting and software installation.
* Proven customer service, in-person and telephone skills along with the ability to interact with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with others through both oral and written communications.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with demonstrated keyboarding and writing skills.
* Ensure that all requests for assistance are being handled as efficiently as possible and knowing when to escalate urgent issues.
* Demonstrated effective emotional intelligence in management of client interactions to facilitate resolution of technical issues.
* Ability to independently research and resolve support issues
* Welcomes direction, receptive to training.
* Ability to train and mentor new hires or student workers, as necessary.
This position requires a background check.
This is a grant funded position.
Temple University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all in every aspect of its operations, including employment, service, and educational programs. The University has pledged not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety. Click here.
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.Primary Location:
Day JobEmployee Status: