000737Position Classification Title:
Administrative Support AssociateFunctional Title:
Business Center Lead Mail ClerkPosition Type:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Business Center is located in Moran Commons, Room 106 and is comprised of SpartanCard Center and Spartan Mail. Spartan Mail is a US Postal Service Contract Postal Unit, providing retail postage options in addition to efficient processing and distribution of student, faculty, staff, departmental, bulk, and international mail to/through most courier companies. The SpartanCard Center provides an interactive campus ID Card that connects students to services utilizing a variety of technologies and allows both financial and access transactions. The SpartanCard can provide students, faculty, and staff a multitude of services ranging from serving as the official ID card of UNCG, checking out a library book, grabbing breakfast at the Dining Hall, and providing card access to restricted buildings. The SpartanCard Center is additionally responsible for managing and maintaining the Transact system, which provides campus with contactless, credential-based access and integrated payment options.Position Summary:
This position is critical to Spartan Mail operations. The primary responsibilities are:
- Responsible for inbound and outbound mail
- Oversee mail room operations
- Manage student Pick-Up window
- Supervise mail clerks and student employees
- Monitor daily operations, shifting staff resources as needed
- Perform mail room system audits
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.Additional Required Certifications, Licensures, and Certificates:
Valid, Unrestricted Driver’s LicensePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with and understanding of current tablet and/or handheld technology
- Strong ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly in an audience-appropriate manner
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
$38,897 - $41,187Org #-Department:
Postal Services - 57603Work Hours of Position:
7 AM-4 PM M-FNumber of Months per Year:
Administrative & ManagerialCareer Banded Title:
Administrative Support AssociateOpen Date:
Non-ExemptSalary Grade Equivalency:
Manage Daily Mail OperationsEssential Tasks:
- Oversee daily mail room operations.
- Open Business Center daily.
- Receive morning mail, package deliveries.
- Receive and account for all types of USPS postal functions (express, certified, insured and delivery confirmation mail)
- Assist with sorting and distributing all incoming student mail, department mail, and small parcels to the correct destination, according to schedule
Supervise Postal Employees and processesEssential Tasks:
- Monitor daily operations, shifting staffing resources as needed.
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise student employees.
- Work with the Business Center Director to hire mail operations staff.
- Train and supervise mail operations staff, to include performance management.
- Review metrics of assigned areas, identifying areas of concern or opportunities for improvement. Discuss with the Business Center Director and make recommendations as appropriate.
Business Center Customer ServiceEssential Tasks:
- Model solution-oriented, customer-centric customer service.
- Promote and foster a customer-centric culture, where providing exceptional customer service as an expectation.
- Investigate customer inquiries and respond appropriately or escalate to the Business Center Director
Manage Non-Daily Mail OperationsEssential Tasks:
- Review package shelving routinely looking for mail with expired dates or items that need to be forwarded.
- Perform mail room audit weekly for items that may have been mishandled during the assignment process or not removed properly from the delivery process.
- Review and confirm “Return/Forwarding” data is up to date.
- Provide Monthly Financial Data to Business Center Director for P&L, or as needed for review.
Communication - VerbalCompetency Description:
- Applies knowledge of programs, policies and procedures to interpret and communicate information to meet specific needs of staff and clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
Communication - WrittenCompetency Description:
- Independently composes letters, memos and reports requiring research and presents data accurately to support findings.
- Responds to inquiries, which require written explanation or interpretation of established policies, procedures and programs.
- Reviews sensitive materials and edits content constructively.
Office TechnologyCompetency Description:
- Integrates varying software or learns new computer applications to meet unique work needs.
- May serve as a resource to others on a variety of subjects including office equipment, software applications, and information processing procedures.
Work CoordinationCompetency Description:
- Facilitates flow of work throughout a dynamic work unit.
- Coordinates and directs the office support activities and manages a wide variety of records, reports and files.
- May develop new processes or procedures relevant to the support needs of the office.
Problem SolvingCompetency Description:
- Independently resolves and/or develops recommendations for unprecedented issues and problems.
- Problem resolution requires some interpretation of policy and procedures.
- Serves as a resource for others in resolving unprecedented, non-standard issues and problems.
- Applies substantive knowledge of program policies and procedures that effect operations.
- Applies program knowledge to client situations; applies knowledge of program content and services in the analysis of information and decision-making.
Information/ Records AdminCompetency Description:
- Utilizes, reconciles and manipulates data for management reports from different internal and external sources.
- Applies an understanding of the information in order to extrapolate key data elements.
- May serve as a lead worker.
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - F, Hand Movement-Grasping - F, Holding - F, Finger Dexterity - F, Vision-Skilled Trades - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Eye-hand coordination - F, Vision-Color Distinction - F, Vision-Visual inspection - F, Vision-Measuring/Assembling at distance close to eye - F, Hearing - F, Talking - F, Standing - F, Sitting - F, Walking - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - F, Lifting-30-60 lbs. - O, Pushing/Pulling - F, Climbing-Stairs - O, Bending - F, Squatting - F, Reaching - F, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - F, Lifting-60-90 lbs. - R, Lifting-90 plus lbs. - RWork Environment:
Inside - F, Outside - O, Ventilation ConditionsDust - O, Driving - Car/Truck - O, Overtime - R